Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New here

blackbuckett

I am new here. I have not bought a t bucket yet. Im looking for one in the so. California area. I have about 12 grand to spend. Any suggestions?

blackbuckett

Welcome :tip: Where are you in Cali? I see buckets on Craiglist here in Vegas once in a while.

Welcome from Northern Illinois. If you're looking for a T-Bucket cars on line is a good place to start.

Welcome aboard! That looks like a nice T. If he's already had it registered, I would think you should have no worries. But then I know nothing of CA hotrod laws.

Does anyone know about registering special construction cars in Ca. regarding smog?

I have a T that is registered as a 1975 Special Construction 23 Model T. According to the registration it has a 1964 327 Chevy engine and because it was registered as a 1975 (or perhaps in 1975) it is required to have a PVC valve only for smog. I inherited the car along with a signed title from at least the second maybe third or more owner. Because I had a signed title and current registration, to transfer the title all I had to do was take the old title to DMV, pay the taxes / fees, have them verify the odometer and location of the VIIN and that was it. I have no idea how the original owner / builder got it registered or what hoops he had to jump through, but for me, I guess because I got it already registered with CA, it was easy.

Jeff

I think I have found the one I want to buy. Its registered as a 1923 ford. It has everything I want on it, except a door. I want to install a door. I see Speedway has door kits. Im probably going to get it on sept 17th. I will post up pics when I get it home.

It has a 350 engine and a 350 tranny. 9 inch ford rear. IKt has no front brakes. Should this be a concern?

Thanks for all your replies.

If the price is right, front brakes can be added without much problem. For a door I think it was Youngster that did a writeup on how to add one.

Check the inside of the hub on your wheels for 6 bolt holes. If they're there you should be able to get a disc brake set up from anyone selling Hurst/ Airhart brake kits. At least 60 percent of your braking power comes from your fronts. Please add them ASAP.

As for cutting the door in that great body, I wouldn't do it. You'll have to repain and re upholster afterward. Instead consider adding a step above your headers.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back