Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Interior

rbsWELDER

So Laurie and I have decided to redo the interior of the Flamin' Fink.

Has anyone had a complete interior done by an Upholstery Professional lately? If so, how much should I budget for the complete interior and trunk?

Please attach a pic, if you have had one done recently!

Thanks!

Thank you for asking this as I am also trying to get estimates for the same work on our car.

I answered this once on another site but for the rest of the members here......About 7 years (boy time flies when your having fun) ago I had the Yelot inside and Canvas Top done in Roswell NM for 3800 bucks and I suspect that the C"edan will cost between 5 & 6 Grand biased on what the Fellow told me just the other day....

For the last T-bucket I bought a commercial sewing machine, made my own interior and then sold the sewing machine. The material, foam and everything probably cost about $200. I sold the sewing machine for $200 less than I paid for it. When I did the Model A I bought a Sailrite Fabricator machine and kept that one. It cost around $1800 but I'll be starting on another T-bucket interior soon so I'm hoping it pencils out financially.

Check out Choppedtop's posts from a couple weeks ago in the "Winter" thread. His first time using a sewing machine for his. Might be a good idea, Mark. Save lots of $$! :rolleyes:

It depends on who you get to do it. I found a local retired couple who do it as basically as a hobby. They do mainly boats, but will do cars too. Very reasonable. Upholstery shops will nail you.

I just dropped off my car to get upholstry. Mine came with the speedway kit but I am not using it. I am having a custom interior, carpet, and top put on it. I sure didn't pick the cheapest material. I also am using convertible top material for the top. I kinda knew what I wanted and they are going to make it as we go. For the price of the speedway kit for just a interior and no top my price of 2k is about what I figured. I guess I am too picky but getting what I wanted..I hope.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back