Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Member from KC...27’ T-Bucket

How many types of water pumps did Ford provide for a 302 V8?

• Way to many!

Votes: 4 66.7%

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Randy Steel

Greetings Everyone,
I recently purchased my first T-Bucket...a 1927 with a Ford 302, C4 tranny, and a 9 inch posi-track. It definitely needs a lot of work, but I’m looking forward to stripping her down and working from the ground up. I have a nice set of MST polished aluminum rims with Mickey Thompson’s that I picked up for a really good price and will begin looking for other parts (chrome) in the upcoming months. A windshield, dash panel, bench seat, automatic shifter, steering column, headers and extension pipe, and a rear body bed for the fuel cell and battery. Lots of work, but I’m looking forward to the challenge. If anybody has any good used parts, let me know, I would appreciate any good deals, help, tips, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from other members!

Randy

Welcome, Randy. The pics will have to wait until you have posted at least 10 messages. In the meantime, we can talk about your cool new hot rod. Is it a 27 roadster, or a bucket with a 27 tub? Here's a pic of a 27 roadster:

Bubbas 27.jpg

Nice car Spanky. My car is a bucket with a 27’ Tub.

Welcome aboard from the, (please don't blame us for Laura) hurricane prone this time of year Caribbean.

I'm working on a Spirit Cars 27 myself, so anything 27 really gets my curiosity up. . . . not sure I've ever seen just a 27 tub, . . it's kind of the integrated sexy curvy back end that sets the 27 apart.

Please give us some more details about your new baby, in multiple posts, so you'll be able to post some pics.

Darlene

I like the extended cowl room in your bucket. My bucket certainly has minimal space, so, I’m definitely considering my options. I really like the custom top on your bucket...did you make this on your own, if so, do you have any plans you could share? I’m thinking a removable or retractable top would be nice to have...do you have any plans on how to make or possible parts suppliers that provide the materials? Thanks for sharing!

Here's a couple of examples, Cooter's bucket being the finished one. Note the extended cowl area compared to a 23 body. More leg room.

View attachment 19400 View attachment 19401

I guess I have seen just a 27 bucket then . . . :eek:

Just didn't recognize it right off after seeing some of the extended cowl 23's.

I opted for the 27 style for the sleeker longer wheelbase, extra legroom, wider body/extra butt room, working doors & decklid, (all the usual stuff) and . . . . Ta Da . . . that irresistible sweet looking ass you just want to ogle and lovingly caress. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Removable hardtop is kind of icing on the cake for when you're in a roadster kinda mood . . .

not by actual car, but an identical Spirit 27 as mine with same top and 34 style grill

27 T-9 .jpg

Last edited:
You sure have a way with words Girl I can just see it now............LOL....

Question to everyone...I’m in the process of replacing my front disc brake rotors and realized I’m not even sure if they’re Ford or Chevy rotors and calipers. The spindle has a large style king pin (8 inches from the top of the axle mount to the bottom of the lower axle mount) with a cast steering arm (below the king pin). I’m guessing the king pins are 3/4” or 1”. The 11 inch rotors are a 5x4.5 lug pattern (Ford style) with an inner (larger) bearing having a 1.25 inch diameter and the outer smaller bearing has a 3/4” diameter. I’ve been looking around and I can’t seem to figure out what year/make/model on the spindle, rotors and/or calipers. It looks like I may be a dealing with a prior owner’s handi-work or engineered experiment. Any input would be helpful.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back