Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New not New

Blacksmith54

Hi all this is my first post on this board so I figured i would take a little time and introduce myself My name is Kevin Knuth I hail from Phoenix AZ and I am in the middle of a long move to Galveston TX the reason for the long move is we have house's in both places and have as yet not been able to sell the one in Phoenix.

I have made several cars over the years for customers, but never for myself. And I have wanted a T-bucket sense I was a kid of 13 now to make matters worse my son built his before I got a chance to make one for me (Using Mostly My Parts) ok he did it as a senior project for College But I still want mine.

Now I want a STEEL body yes I have a plastic one I even did the stretch on it and made a new mold of it in the eighty's and the one I have is a copy from that mold. It is a four inch stretch in the body behind the doors with the body widened four inches at the back and three inches in the cowl the body lines had to be made taller to make the lines line up again.

I used to do fiberglass mold making back in the day but I am sensitized to the stuff now and can not do anything with the stuff now.

My plan is to make my own body using the plastic one I have as a reference and if there is enough interest i have though about making a set of Kirksite dies for making new steel panels.

Welcome: Kirksite is some pretty hard stuff. If fiberglass bothers you then you'll have a ball with kirksite BUT a steel bucket would be great since there are already steel '32s and everything else.

A big welcome to you from sunny Florida. I sure would like to see some pictures of that lengthened and widen body that you built. It sounds like you really tried to keep everything in proportion.

Jim

Welcome to the group Kevin.

Welcome from Vegas Kevin, your project sounds great. I understand the housing/transitional thing. I'm in Las Vegas, and have a place in Huntsville TX.

Greetings And welcome from the sunny, but cold hills of Colorado.

Yup, I'm with Ex Junk and would like pictures of the body mods.

welcome to the fold.
If you have the knowledge and the time then make them steel panels and watch the bucket guys go
Gerry

I will have to dig the body out of the porch and get pic's and see if I can post them for you it is one thing to stretch a body but completely something else to make it look like was made that way. My current project is an English wheel . :gum:

Welcome Blacksmith, also saw you over on Metalshapers............ruggs

Welcome to Texas from Sugar Land Tx. Not far from Galveston. Bout an hour depending on traffic.

PaulR

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back