Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New / old fart here

Buffman

72 yr old and still playing with cars. My retirement toy is a 1920 Dodge Brothers Open Touring cut down to a T bucket style roadster. Original frame with custom kickups and fully boxed, '56 Desoto 330 Hemi punched 30 over. Ford roadster headers, Jeep 46R 4sp overdrive auto trans, Fird 8.8 police diff with 4.10 gears and Mickey Ts big and little tires. The chassis is near complete and the body is ready for paint. Hoping to have it on the road here in San Antonio TX by early summer.

Welcome from St Louis, Buffman. Your roadster sounds really cool. I love the early hemi's for motor-vation. Hope we can see some pictures of it soon!

PS - I have a half dozen years on you, and my enthusiasm for T-buckets hasn't flagged a bit!

20210703_185806 (1).jpg

Hi Spanky, it's nice to be the new youngster :) I grew up in the Springfield MO area moved to San Antonio 25 yrs ago. I have a ton of "work in progress" picture and as soon as the site allows, I'll send a few.

I think you're right. I've owned some cool cars through the years (including a '64 Jag XKE) but none hold the raw fascination that the T-bucket has ever since I saw one in 8th grade on 77 Sunset Strip.

XKE.jpg

Spanky, that’s funny you mention 77 Sunset Strip! I used to watch that program, not for the program, but to see the car. That might have been one of my earliest memories of a T Bucket! Got my blood pumping. 60+ years and 2 different buckets, I’m still lovin’ it.

I promised ya'll some pictures so I'll start at the beginning. I'll try not to overwhelm ya'll, so I'll go slow and just yell "uncle" when you want me to stop. I'll keep this short as I'm heading out to the shop soon.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back