Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New To The Forums

CrazyTed

Thanks for the add. I was able to rescue my father's T-bucket after he passed away. He had several cars when he died. Mom was selling all of them. We rescued his T before it escaped the family. It is a 1923 Ford T-bucket reportedly from an early 70's JC Whitney kit. It has a 1956 Ford Thunderbird 312 Y Block and the matching Ford-O-Matic transmission behind it. It had been parked for a good while. I've rebuilt the carb, changed the plugs, and I've been steel wooling the surface rust on the chrome. Some of the chrome will need to be redone. I'll be replacing the rear deck as the wood is failing. It is supposed to be from someone's tabletop. Trying to research options of wood to make it stand out. I hope to read and learn in here. I've taken it to several shows and already won several Outstanding Build trophies. Thanks.

Welcome from St Louis, Ted. Sorry for your loss. I'm glad to see you are honoring your Dad's memory by restoring the old bucket. And that 312 Y-block is a keeper - something a little different.

Posting pictures . . . you will have to build up your message count to at least 10. Why not post a few messages about the car, what speed equipment do you have on the engine? how's the paint? interior? (there's three posts right there!:geek:)

Welcome from the usually warm and sunny, but currently wet and soggy Caribbean, as yet another tropical storm (Karen) is about to hammer us.

I'll get the posts eventually. As someone who moderates many forums, I'll probably not just add posts to raise the count.....thanks though.

Since you asked though, as far as I know, the 312 Ford Y Block is stock. I'm not even sure if the valve seats have been done for unleaded fuel so I've been adding lead additive. It does have a Holley 600. It has a chrome waterpump, chrome alternator, and a few other chrome pieces added. Other than that, the engine is stock. It does have coil overs on the rear but I'm not happy with how the mounts are welded to the axle housing. That will be fixed. I'm working on figuring out what kind of wood to put on the back as the original is coming apart. Want it to be something that adds to the car. Someone suggested diamond plate but I don't think that fits the era of the car. The interior is just black vinyl that needs some love. The seat could use more cushion as it is old and sagging. I want to go through the wiring and clean it up. Right now none of the gauges light up at night. I see the bulbs and wiring but nothing lights so there is an issue somewhere. It's difficult to see behind the dash as I'm a little big to stand on my head and look up under there. We'll keep working on it.

Welcome from South Florida, where the first day of fall brings........nothing special really, still hot and a little muggy.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back