Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Not a good day

Spanky

Staff member
Bad day! I crashed my T-bucket this morning. I’m OK, but the bucket, not so much. Out for a cruise, weather was clear, roads were slightly damp. Took off from a stop light and everything seemed OK then it broke loose and I wound up in the lane to my right. Lady hit me as I spun in front of her. The impact spun me again and I went over the curb and off the road backwards on the right side. Ripped the left front wheel – broke the spindle - gashed the oil pan; passenger-side headers were crushed from the impact with the lady in the Volvo. Don’t know of other damage right now, but hopefully nothing major. It was a low speed crash –only about 35-40 MPH. I was not injured, thank the Lord, but shaken up a bit. Lady was not injured either, but her car was pretty messed up from hitting the curb after she hit me. Insurance company will let me know Monday what the settlement will be. You just need to be super careful in these little cars!

20201022_103535.jpg 20201022_103520.jpg

Sucks. I bet you'll have her good as new soon.

This and PotvinGuy's story of his stuck throttle will stay in my head forever.

Happy you can out uninjured. The bucket can be fixed. Winter will be upon us soon, so you won't lose a lot of cruisin.

Wow, glad you're OK, doesn't take much to get out of shape in the wet in a light car, glad everyone was OK.

good to know you are OK. Did you get checked out anyway?

T looks like it will survive with a little TLC.

WOW!!! . . .

At least everyone's OK . . . sounds like a scary experience none the less.

On the other hand, at least now you have a winter project :D

Sorry to hear what happened. As everyone said, I’m glad you’re OK! You might need a new pair of underwear!

I am sure glad you are OK cause we need you to be around for a long time.....Now the insurance company will settle soon and you can put it back on the road even better than before.......Take care friend.........

Spanky - Thank God that you are okay! Like you said, now you have a great winter project!

Glad that your OK. It's amazing how slippery the roadway gets with a little bit of water on it. The most dangerous (slippy) time on the roadway is when it first starts to rain or when it gets damp, all the oils on the streets rise to the surface. That and painted lines on the streets, my town has fully painted crosswalks at the intersections because they look nice I guess, try riding a bike or MC when you're leaning into a turn and see these painted crosswalks in front of you.
Check out ALL your front suspension components for cracks etc... .

Spanky, put up a wish list of parts you need to rebuild.

I and others may have some of what you need.

Thanks, Chop. I won't have a good idea what I need until next week. My bucket is still at the insurance company lot. :(

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back