Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Not sure how to deal with this T deck

dgas

Reversed flange all around facing to the out side instead of in to be bolted on. Glassing it on puts it too low.
Do not see how to upload a pic direct. I do use photo carriers (photobucket etc..) I put it up as a avatar

Reversed flange all around facing to the out side instead of in to be bolted on. Glassing it on puts it too low.
Do not see how to upload a pic direct. I do use photo carriers (photobucket etc..) I put it up as a avatar

I was looking at replacing it w an opening one but by the time I got past the shipping cost it was bouncing just over the stupid range.

Weigh the shipping cost with your time and labor. My buddy bought a 30" bed from C#@#n and it is terrible . no gel coat in areas and warped out of shape. I told him to trash it and buy another one. sometimes it just not worth the effort.

My turtle deck was made as one piece but it was rather simple to make an opening deck lid. I just loaned out the prints for the hinges and weather seal flanges but I should have them back in a week or so. Check out the attached picture.

Jim

Never loan out original prints, always make a few copies and loan those out. I know you know and trust the guy you gave them to but it wouldn't be the first time prints came back ripped, coffee stained and doodled on. Plus if you keep the original, you can prove it's your design.

Here is more info on the hinge.

Jim

Last edited:
Nice Job!!
AusBucket, I see that you reside in Adalaide, Australia. We have a friend in Adalaide that has a T Bucket. Perhaps you might know him, his name is Kym Dahl.

Jim

G'Day Jim,
Have heard the name but haven't met him. I follow rodding as a "would be if I could be" rodder though this and the OzRodders Forums. I've been building Clubman cars instead (Lotus 7 clones) and I still hanker for a 27 roadster probably with GM V6 running gear (3.8 Supercharged) instead of the V8. Be light and quick. She who must be obeyed tells me we can't afford it being retired and all that. :-(( Apparently!
Regards,
Mike.

It's amazing what you can do with limited funds, Mike. My build (T-bucket) has many 'scrounged' parts, and some donated by fellow hotrodders in St Louis. That's what makes this hobby so great!
T-bucketC2.jpg

G'Day Spanky,
Haven't "given up" just yet. ;-) Mate about 4-1/2 Hrs away has an old Ford Blitz truck (ex Army) that has been converted to a mobile crane, doesn't get used any more but has a Mercury Flathead in it that is in running condition, have had some ideas around that and a 27 cowl as a starting point. Have done some drawings for a cut down C Cab like the Ice Truck. (Thanks to the guys at Spirit for the dimensions) Body would be 1" tube framework with Ally cladding. Got a few bits and pieces to sell off first B4 I do anything about it.
Regards,
Mike.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back