Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Old Guy's keep busy project

Old Guy

Here's a few pics of the project.
fk8fur.jpg

ekfhg6.jpg

2v80jo6.jpg

Old Gut...
Is this the Torsion Bar car? If so I would like to what it looks like if you get a chance.
George

With a little TLC that can be a sweet little T.:thumbsup: What are your plans for the tailgate?o_O

Old Guy... Looks like you are pretty much ready to go. Do you have hairpin radius rods or a 4 link style system. Also I assume there is a dampener or shock so some type. Keep us posted.
George

Old Guy... Looks like you are pretty much ready to go. Do you have hairpin radius rods or a 4 link style system. Also I assume there is a dampener or shock so some type. Keep us posted.
George
It's a 4 link set-up. The nifty compact torsion bar is not strong enough to support the rear of the car. I added a couple of air shocks so as to have a usable suspension. It works, but I don't like it. Proper torsion bars should fix the problem.

With a little TLC that can be a sweet little T.:thumbsup: What are your plans for the tailgate?o_O
LOL. It has a "tailgate". It's a drop in piece of 3/4" plywood. I want something better, but it's way low on my list right now. Starting at the top (today's list), alternator re-mount, transmission cover re-work, replace instrument cluster, put speedo gears in tranny, get upholstery done (in the works now), install seat belts (I can't drive it if I can't stay behind the steering wheel), add turn signals, add windshield support, build small storage compartment above gas tank and make new cover, and there is more.

Already done. Lotsa work on rear suspension, added air shocks, new rear wheels, 4 new tires, added rear view mirror, moved brake pedal, moved gas pedal, new battery, de-rusted gas tank, made stainless straps to hold gas tank in place, added gas tank ground strap, added vacuum line for transmission, and I'm tired of one finger typing right now.

It's a 4 link set-up. The nifty compact torsion bar is not strong enough to support the rear of the car. I added a couple of air shocks so as to have a usable suspension. It works, but I don't like it. Proper torsion bars should fix the problem.

When you say air shocks are you referring to true air bags with an internal shock or just pure air bags? If you only have an air bag then you will still need some type of hydraulic shock, friction shock etc. Air bags or torsion bars will not control the rear end or tires from bouncing. The correct torsion bar will make for a nice controllable ride but you will still need a shock of some kind.

George

When you say air shocks are you referring to true air bags with an internal shock or just pure air bags? If you only have an air bag then you will still need some type of hydraulic shock, friction shock etc. Air bags or torsion bars will not control the rear end or tires from bouncing. The correct torsion bar will make for a nice controllable ride but you will still need a shock of some kind.

George
The air shocks are just shocks with an air fitting on the side. I put 120# of air in them and I get a suspension system. I don't really like it, but it works. As long as the air doesn't leak out, I have rear suspension. My "to do" list didn't include fixing the rear suspension which is actually on the top of my list. My list reflects on my memory. My memory is perfect, flawless, exquisite, remarkable, oh yes, and sadly short. Sometimes we're talking minutes.

The air shocks are just shocks with an air fitting on the side. I put 120# of air in them and I get a suspension system. I don't really like it, but it works. As long as the air doesn't leak out, I have rear suspension. My "to do" list didn't include fixing the rear suspension which is actually on the top of my list. My list reflects on my memory. My memory is perfect, flawless, exquisite, remarkable, oh yes, and sadly short. Sometimes we're talking minutes.

I always say my memory is like trying to catch water with a chain link fence.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back