Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Radiator screen

skinny mike

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Bought a sheet of stainless mesh two by two square. Assumed ( I know) it would ship flat. Nope ! It's rolled and stiff. Laid it down and put a large weight on it, but that only moves it to an arch. Anyone have this problem and....solve it? Thank you.

No fix for ya, but if you don't figure it out, I got mine from these guys. The price was good and they shipped it flat. But then, they sell to racers.

From their website: " Note: Shipped as flat sheets. This material cannot be folded or rolled into a cylinder without permanently deforming it."

Pegasus - Keyword Search

Sheesh... I probably didn't read what I shoulda. Still hopeful for a + answer. Will check out your info, thanks! $$$$$$ more.

In order to flatten the sheet you have to reverse the process that rolled it , in other words , roll it back . If you have access to a sheet metal brake , you bend it in the direction that will straighten it out , about 1/4" at a time. You can do the same thing by clamping a bar to the edge of your bench , then bend it flat a bit at a time . No magic , just patience and effort .just to add ,if you have a real sheet metal shop ,they should have a slip roller ( it's how you roll pipe out of flat stock) reverse rolling that piece would be easy..

Last edited:
Thanks, 2old2fast! Will try your suggestion. The stainless screen is too expensive to chuck in the corner and buy another.

Just be patient, don’t over work it and crease it. Maybe check a local sheet metal or hvac shop out, I doubt that it would be too pricey to have them run it through a roller... but it’s doable with common materials at home. If it doesn’t have a protective coating on it, take precautions to avoid scratching it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back