Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Raidmagic's build thread.

raidmagic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I waited a bit to start this thread so I would have something to show.
I blame you guys (haha) for this. After talking to my wife and expressing an interest for another bucket I remembered this site and came and asked y'alls opinion on buy a kit from RPM or buy someone's abandoned car. Y'all steered me toward new and I'm happy I did. My last one was an abandoned project and after I redid it all to my liking I pretty much only used the frame and suspension.
Anyway, my brother in law and I had a blast of a road trip 1400 miles in 22 hours to pick up my new project.

I then rescued my engine from a truck I had it in and cleaned and painted it up and also had the carbs rebuilt and cleaned and painted the tunnel ram.

I then built a "seat" to figure out steering column location and brake pedal. I spent most of yesterday getting some structure under the cowl to attach to and making mounts for the steering column.

I always wanted Convo Pros so I found these across the state and took a short road trip to pick them up. They need a little work but for what I paid for them they are worth it.
I also got the floor in the bed and got the bed fit to the body. I'll do the bodywork and mold it in when I am done with everything else so I can remove the body by myself. I'm not sure I could remove the body with the bed attached by myself.

So this is where I'm at at this point. I'll update as I go. I only get a day or two a week to work on this so it's not a fast build. I'm sure I'll have more stupid questions along the way. I'll try not to be too big a bother. If you see something that doesn't look right feel free to say something, I'm never opposed to learning something.

It looks like shite ! Send it my way and I'll fix it for you!!

Looking good, keep it up and it'll soon be a driver to be proud of.

It looks like shite ! Send it my way and I'll fix it for you!!

Looking good, keep it up and it'll soon be a driver to be proud of.
That's my goal, fun driver. I need seat ideas, in my last one I had cut down van seats. Not sure what to do this time.

Your project is looking great so far. Looks like an R.P.M " big boy " body. The photo of the "big boy " body sitting on a trailer with a functional door ( situated on the driver's side ? ) appears to be a reversed photo. A functional door on the " big boy " body is only on the passengers side. The rest of your photos show a " big boy " body without any functioning doors.

I have an extra windshield frame ( made by R.P.M ) it's 14 inches high & fits the " big boy " body. All i want for it is the cost of shipping. Because of unusual circumstances , i now have 2 windshield frames ( identical twins ). I'm waiting on Ron Pope to ship the second one to me.

Ok! I have decided you have to many toys! Corvette, t bucket, 4 post lift, nice size shop and a motor home that we know of! It is time for you to adopt an under funded buckethead and since I thought of it I’m first in line! Lol

OOPS ! My mistake. The gray hold down strap created an optical illusion. Please accept my humble apology.

I have an extra windshield frame ( made by R.P.M ) it's 14 inches high & fits the " big boy " body. All i want for it is the cost of shipping. Because of unusual circumstances , i now have 2 windshield frames ( identical twins ). I'm waiting on Ron Pope to ship the second one to me.

No apologies needed. It is a big boy body, no door. I'd love to get that windshield frame from you, very generous. I don't mind giving you something for it. Let me know. Thank you.

Ok! I have decided you have to many toys! Corvette, t bucket, 4 post lift, nice size shop and a motor home that we know of! It is time for you to adopt an under funded buckethead and since I thought of it I’m first in line! Lol
Eh, it's all old stuff I've built. I've owned the Vette for 25 years. I LS swapped it way back in 2010 it was in Vette magazine. But you are more than welcome to come be poor with me. lol

Lookin like one hell of a start to a nice TBucket !

That's my goal, fun driver. I need seat ideas, in my last one I had cut down van seats. Not sure what to do this time.
Have I got a deal for you. I used office chairs in my bucket:P1010037.JPG
Found them at Sam's club for $80. Leave off the arms and base, bolt them to the wood box and you are driving in style and comfort. Before I finalized the box I used a board and lots of shims to dial in the best tilt.

As soon as Ron Pope sends the windshield to me , i'll send it to you. I have absolutely NO use for 2 windshield frames. I'll let you know when it arrives ( at that time i'll need a shipping address ). I'm happy someone can use it.

Have I got a deal for you. I used office chairs in my bucket:View attachment 22494
Found them at Sam's club for $80. Leave off the arms and base, bolt them to the wood box and you are driving in style and comfort. Before I finalized the box I used a board and lots of shims to dial in the best tilt.
That's a neat idea, I'll have to look at that.
As soon as Ron Pope sends the windshield to me , i'll send it to you. I have absolutely NO use for 2 windshield frames. I'll let you know when it arrives ( at that time i'll need a shipping address ). I'm happy someone can use it.

Thank you so much. That's awesome of you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back