Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rain

Rick

VIP
VIP Member
No Driving the car today rain and cold here 1st day not out and about since it was legal.LOL

I feel your pain, Rick. Here in Houston, we just had the wettest July in recent history and now we are getting isolated storms almost every day next week. If I had my T running, it would be a gamble as to where to cruise. It rained yesturday for about 20 minutes, but only on one small part of town! Freakin' Houston weather! The heat index for next week is 110 degrees with high humidity. :eek: That's our two seasons.... hot and humid.:lol:

You know I'm not positive i'll have a top, but i'll definitly be driving in the rain. I'm accualy considering when i do the floor pans to put a drain or 2 in, Not just a hole mind you, i mean the kind of drain you might see in a cement floor. One on each side of the trans tunnel.

Rick and Fred....can you send some rain this way??? The drought here is getting bad and the heat is supposed to be around 100 here all week (thats about 110 - 115 with the index). And the wife wondered why I had A/C put in the new garage:lol:

As Rick can attest to, we have had little rain this year. So it has been a good year for cruise'n. It will be my luck come next year when mine is finished it will rain every weekend.;)

thomas:)

Well last night, I installed a short water pump that I got from the auto parts store, ordered the pulleys and alternator from Speedway and settled in for the night.

Then this morning the air conditioner in my den went out!:eek: My den is a garage conversion I did about 10 years ago and yes, now I do miss the garage. So, I shopped all day for a new window unit. Cost me $450! There goes my header budget.:) Gonna move starting my motor back about a month! No anniversary start up. I had no choice, the heat index for the last 3 weeks has been 100+ with no relief in sight. Houston weather during August is the pits. My dad used to say it reminded him of Viet Nam. It will be hot as hell, then rain for 20 minutes, then get hot again. Like a sauna. I'll be glad when the winter gets here and it cools down.... to the 80's.:eek::eek::eek:

At least Fred if you had the car done and a full tank of gas you could damn near cruise all day and stay cool.Course after work and you didn't show up till 9:00 every night the wife would be kinda mad though

Hey Rick, its a beautiful day today. Drive on by, I will be painting my frame today. Sure hope it turns out ok.:)

thomas:)

Can't my tags expired and i be broke WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rick said:
At least Fred if you had the car done and a full tank of gas you could damn near cruise all day and stay cool.Course after work and you didn't show up till 9:00 every night the wife would be kinda mad though

:lol:That's what I have planned for next year and I'm no longer married, so all I'll have to do is make sure I bring my dog some treats when I stumble in.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back