Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

reassembled rear end

I got my rear end reassemble. How do you know if the axles seated correctly? I put in new oil seals, the
axle bearings look good, and bought new gaskets. Each axle seem to slide in good and finally seem to seat. What is good way to double check on the axles?

The flange that captures the bearing inside the housing should compress the gasket or sealer with bending the flange.

I got my rear end reassemble. How do you know if the axles seated correctly? I put in new oil seals, the
axle bearings look good, and bought new gaskets. Each axle seem to slide in good and finally seem to seat. What is good way to double check on the axles?

Are you talking about the axle splines? From doing mine (and I'm no expert for sure) when sliding my axles in I could feel the contact between the splines and the 3rd member, with about 1" still left to slide in.

Are your axles the same ones that came out of your housing?

Are you talking about the axle splines? From doing mine (and I'm no expert for sure) when sliding my axles in I could feel the contact between the splines and the 3rd member, with about 1" still left to slide in.

Are your axles the same ones that came out of your housing?
Yes they are.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back