Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rod Refuge Forums

Mike

I am probably a candidate for heaving my head read, but I've finally moved forward with an idea I've been mulling over for over a year. I started this forum because I felt I could offer a better and more robust T-Bucket forum than anyone else on the block. It took 3-4 months before it finally managed to get some air moving over its wings, but I think this site proves my hunch was accurate.

For well over a year, I've been considering a hot rod/street rod/custom car forum. Simply because I feel I can provide hot rod enthusiasts with a better and more robust hot rod forum than anyone else on the block. I might get my backside handed to me on this one, but we're going to give it a helluva whirl, to see what we can stir up.

I gave the idea of just adding some generic, hot rod categories and forums to this site, but this one has always been, and will always be a T-Bucket site. I didn't want to dilute the T-Bucket flavor of this site and I wanted to give the hot rod concept its own playing field.

The new site is the Rod Refuge Forums. Click on the logo and you'll see the new site. The site is not geared toward any particular make, model or year of any vehicle. I see we've already got some members of this site showing up over there, so I'm hoping we'll see some more of you signing up. We need to make sure we have a strong T-Bucket contingent.

The new forum is running on one of my old, vBulletin software licenses. I've added one of my vBSEO licenses to the site, in the hopes it will help us get the site indexed that much quicker. And we're already starting to see some pages appearing on Google within a couple hours of being set up, so that end seems to be working well. I've also added one of my vBPicGallery licenses to the site, so there is a tightly integrated photo gallery for members to use. I've also added several features and functions to the site, which will all make the site easier and more robust for everyone to use.

As everyone here should know, since I've never been shy about pointing it out, I don't trawl other sites for new members. I prefer taking the high road by allowing word of mouth and search engines to start sending new visitors and guests to my sites. I've added links to the Rod Refuge Forums to this site and to some signature files I use on other sites. And I certainly appreciate anyone passing along the word about the new forums in the same manner. Please, do not place links on the forums operated by Tom, Gerry and Corley, or on the forums operated by deckofficer. But if you are willing to place a link to the Rod Refuge on your own Web sites, drop me a line and we will happily reciprocate with a link back to your page appearing on a Links page I'll be setting up on the new site.

So, c'mon, click the link and get an account set up at the Rod Refuge. You know you want to... :nod:

DONE! I am also telling my oldest son about the new site as he has two cars in the works now.

Jim

Wheeew. when I first read the subject I thought it said "rod refuse forum". :crap: I was afraid you'd gone over to the dark side there for a minute. :spy: . glad it wasn't so. I'll go see if our model A fits there.

Cheers,
Russ

It will probably be good for the non-T guys. The thing is that there are so many of them. I'll check it out in case I get something other than a T. Don't see that in the future, but at least I'll have a place to go to.

Good luck with it.

Also made it over to the other site. Got a username (Hot Rod) that I've always been too late to get anywhere else.

Mike

Number one son checked it out and signed up.

Jim

You can count me in, I just signed up.

I'm trying to sort if it's the new-car smell of the new forum, or if this one is losing steam.

dog days of summer. I haven't had the gumption to get out in the shop for a wile, but I can still sit in front of the computer in my air conditioned den :hi: .

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back