Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

School Project

NewSchool

Hello all T-Buckets. I am starting into a project with a local Vocational High School. We are planning on building a T-bucket and getting as many of the classes involved as possible. This is completely new to all of us and we may need your help. After viewing some of the postings, I think I am in the right place. We intend to get Auto Tech, Auto Body, Welding, CNC Machining, CAD and even the new "Green Technologies" classes involved in this project. We hope to provide a boost to the recruiting process at the school and best of all get the high school stundent excited about working a great project that will eventually get them into their chosen field. We are open to suggestions on the build and we hope to publish progress for everyone to see what the school and the great kids are capable of. I look forward to many great conversations with all of you.
"Let's Roll!"

We currently have several schools as customers. They do pretty much what you said. They start at the beginning of the year and start building a T Bucket. All of the different classes get invovled with the build and then at the end of school year it is sold and the proceeds go back to the classes that worked on it. It helps finance some new tools and equipment. We have one school that is finishing their 3rd bucket.

If we can help you please give us a call.

By the way what school is this and where are you located?

We currently have several schools as customers. They do pretty much what you said. They start at the beginning of the year and start building a T Bucket. All of the different classes get invovled with the build and then at the end of school year it is sold and the proceeds go back to the classes that worked on it. It helps finance some new tools and equipment. We have one school that is finishing their 3rd bucket.

If we can help you please give us a call.

By the way what school is this and where are you located?

The school is Penta Career Center in Northwest Ohio.

Hello all T-Buckets. I am starting into a project with a local Vocational High School. We are planning on building a T-bucket and getting as many of the classes involved as possible. This is completely new to all of us and we may need your help. After viewing some of the postings, I think I am in the right place. We intend to get Auto Tech, Auto Body, Welding, CNC Machining, CAD and even the new "Green Technologies" classes involved in this project. We hope to provide a boost to the recruiting process at the school and best of all get the high school stundent excited about working a great project that will eventually get them into their chosen field. We are open to suggestions on the build and we hope to publish progress for everyone to see what the school and the great kids are capable of. I look forward to many great conversations with all of you.
"Let's Roll!"
Welcome Newschool

I have worked in manufacturing for 40 years & also participate on the Machine Trades advisory board for our local Vo-Tech school. This is also the school/machine trades class that started me on my career path. This past November was the annual open house where we try to get kids interested in machine trades & to show parents that machine shops no longer have dirt floors & belts running to the ceiling. This year I brought the showbooth from the company that I work for & parked the "T" in the shop. The attention that was drawn by that car being there was incredable. It was the start of a lot of conversations about the incredable feeling of accomplishment when you can do something creative with your hands & mind. Good luck with your project. It will be very rewarding.CIT 004ss.JPG

Our Vocation High School has run a car show for the last few years that allows participants and visitors to visit the shops involved with Auto Collision, Auto Customization, Precision Maching and Welding.

The Auto Customization program has a new instructor who has been able to add some new equipment and brings his talents to the class.
They have a van they are customizing, an old VW for a top chop, a 48 Chevy to rod and a 64 Nova that'll get a C-5 rear end and rebuild.

These programs don't mix students or projects as each has a full curiculum. In the machine shop where I'm a volunteer tutor, we some times BBQ burgers so the smoke and aroma will be picked up by the other shops as an enticement for students to switch to our program early in the semester. When I sub in a different shop of school, I take my brake pedal to show the students what they could be doing in Precision Machining.

Due to budget cut backs, we probably won't have a car show this year.

Speaking of cut backs, I got a call yesterday. After a big meeting, among the other cuts being made to programs and program budgets, I was informed the School District will be cutting substitute pay by ten percent. Yup. I'm a substitute.... I don't mind, I'm glad to have the opportunity to work a day or two a month.

Great to hear from others that have done projects like this. We may need some direction along the way. We are just getting the ground work laid out now and everyone involved is getting pretty excited about it.
RPM- Thanks for the help offer I am sure I will be in touch. I haven't even decided on the chassis and body yet. Though I am sure the touring T is the way to go. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Cool welcome aboard. My car was a "school" car.

DSC04177.jpg

Wow nice job. Even better, you have a ford motor. Did that cause any problems with the steering links or anything else? I am diggin the Falcon in the back there too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back