Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

steel braded lines

31 bucket

I'm having a issue with cutting the braded lines. I use electrical tape to wrap it and cut it with a chop saw. But the ends still Frey. Makes it almost impossible to get the fitting over it and let alone poking the fingers. Any idea what would work better?

What if you used shrink tubing? I know it comes in all sizes, and might hold the strands together a little better.

I use a dremel cutting disk. The ones that have a quick mount system for the disks.

These work well too.

koul.jpg

That's really cool... considering the cost of bandaids he's probably right.

I use shrink tubing like Spanky mentioned.
Put the shrink-tubed hose in a vise so it's parallel to the ground, then use a 4" grinder with a metal cutting blade and slice straight down right quick... the burned rubber stinks for a minute, but the cut is clean and it doesn't hurt the blade if you do it fast.
If you have good ends, you can usually leave the tubing on... just spritz it with some silicone spray before you shove it in.
I've cheated by using electrical tape as a wrap (it will still cut just fine with the metal blade) but you'll have to unwind it after cutting. :thumbsup:

These aren't cheap, but they cut braided lines very clean.

cutter.jpeg

I got a tool like the one pictured above. Only shorter handles. They got dull in a few cuts. But all your ideas are very helpful

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back