Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Still not sure about this receipt thing in PA.

streetmaster

Got a ? about the receipt for my 84 motor, I got one made out for my tranny but it was built by someone else. Can i just get my brother, or a friend to make me one out. I know here in PA they want receipts for all the major drive train components, like engine, tranny, rear end. The guy that did work on my motor told me that he would try and help me out with one, but every time i go over to his shop, i kinda feel like im getting the cold sholder. Is it possible that i can just make a receipt out of my own, or have a friend do one and get by with that when i go to get it titled and registered.

Boy, Pennsylvania really makes you guys jump through hoops...........that was one of the reasons I left there.........that, and the snow. :eek::lol:

I would just have my Brother or someone write up a piece of paper saying "one as is junk engine, 1984 Chevrolet, not running $ 100.00" Then combine it with the invoice you paid for the machine work and tell the State this is for having the engine rebuilt. I think that would fly, at least worth a shot.

Something you can do is go to them with a big bag of unorganized receipts and dump them on the counter while you are registering it. Believe me, they will not want to take the time to shuffle through every Speedway, Summit, AutoZone, etc receipt you dump out. :lol: Remember, these are State employees, you would be cutting into their 15 minute break time.:cool:

Don

That just it, i dont have anything like an invoice for motor work because i didnt have to worry about it for the truck i had the motor in. Im trying to get him to budge, but he's stalling on me bigtime. I was'nt sure if the receipt had to have the name of the mechine shop on the receipt.

Years ago when i was still in Cali. I went to an office supply store and bought a package of service recipts, and had a neighbor fill them out for me. I just left the name portion blank.

have you tried to call rt speed shop yet they can answer your questions.remeber to talk to Sal. I have my title already but I am not ready for my registration yet.My car didn't have a title and Sal got me one with no problems or receipts.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back