Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Teardown of the T has begun....got engine questions

bucketteardown015.jpg

bucketteardown014.jpg

bucketteardown016.jpg

I am finding so many things that have been half-a$$ed it is not funny.....I am glad I did this now.

unclenick2004 said:
...I am finding so many things that have been half-a$$ed it is not funny.....I am glad I did this now...

CAREFULL!

It was that kind of talk that took mine from a 4-6 week rebuild the engine to an 11 month complete tear-down (at least every weekend and many many weekday evenings!)...​

Here is a 5 min photoshow of the process...​
Hope you get a kick out of it! I've done some more updates, but haveing updated the photoshow (click Watch when it opens)

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/mf9bR6yg

WOW!! That blew me away very nice Al.Now you need to do one with just the interior.LOL

HEI distributor won't fit on a 6-71 manifold, you MSD distributor 8570. I'd also run forged pistons. And you'll need a cam with at least 112 to 114 lobe seperation. I highly recommend getting the book:

"A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Street Supercharging: How to Install and Tune Blowers "
<LI class=publisher>Publisher: CarTech, Incorporated <LI class=pubDate>Pub. Date: June 1999 ISBN-13: 9781884089299

It's an excellent guide for anyone building a street blower motor.

LumenAl said:
CAREFULL!

It was that kind of talk that took mine from a 4-6 week rebuild the engine to an 11 month complete tear-down (at least every weekend and many many weekday evenings!)...​

Here is a 5 min photoshow of the process...​
Hope you get a kick out of it! I've done some more updates, but haveing updated the photoshow (click Watch when it opens)

http://photoshow.comcast.net/viewshow/mf9bR6yg

That was amazing! I dont think I will go that far......we'll see.

ifs it is a 4-bolt main smallblock 400.. that would be a perfect block to make a 377... a 377 is a smallblock 400 block with a 350 crank in it, and you could get a bottom end kit (crank, rods and pistons) relatively cheap.. a naturally aspirated 377 would be a hot motor for a t-bucket, so would a blown 377 :)..

you could also go the other way and stroke the 400 block, i think you can get like 427 cubic inches with a standard bore and stroker crank..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back