Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The NTBA once again ignores the west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceec

Even with two west US proposals at hand, the NTBA gives the 2010 National Event to Colorado Springs. Vote was three to one and one officer did not vote. Probably will be the biggest event yet.

:mad: Cecil

OK, I'll be stupid. What were the two west sites that were ignored, ceec?

one was reno i think.

Seems to me like having an event in Colorado IS the West. At least, I thought that was the West when I grew up there. And Sierra Vista is plenty west, too.

So "ignoring the West" just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. And yet Colorado Springs is reasonably close to a significant part of our members.

Had the Sierra Vista event turned out to be the biggest we ever had (and I admit you did your part in making it larger by attending there), I imagine the NTBA would have been very quick to return to a venue farther west. In other words, if you western guys want an event even farther west, you need to help make this one a success and convince the NTBA there is enough interest even farther west.

I am in the process of building my c cab. I live in Colorado and I have set my goal to have my car done and attend the show. It will be my first and hopefully many after that. I feel blessed to see it coming to Colorado maybe 2011 I will be in Reno OR washinton. I would think this location should inspire T' s from East and West to participate. I am looking forward to putting faces with names of people that have helped me. Ted how about bring that T up from California. I would like to meet the person behind the famous hehe:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I always considered west as in west of the Mississippi river.

Some guys just want beat a dead horse. They (the NTBA) can't have a Nats at every wide spot in the road to please everyone. I don't see the guys in Florida complaining about it being in Colorado.

Ceec, I would suggest that if you want a public (well, semi-public) explanation of why a bid was not the winner, you ask for such an explanation on the NTBA MOBBS. I'm not guaranteeing that the officers will do that, but that's your best bet.

However, having seen a few bids, I'm willing to bet that if you took 10 members and put the 3 rumored bids in front of them, they would come to the same conclusion.

But to put it in perspective, I suppose the eastern guys would have preferred Orlando or Boston to Lenoir.

Orlando's too hot and muggy

I think that where it is now in Colo. is a very fair choice, not so far for the East coast guys, and about the same for the West coast guys, if you live in the middle, you are in luck this time.. way better than for people to have to drive accross the whole Country..?? YES? Just my thoughts.. :D

1663 miles each way for us here in Franklinton and ALOT more for the ones in Florida so I don't think it is close to the east by any means. And besides if you trailer it whats the problem..:D Oops did I say that out loud.

NTBA is not a very vendor friendly Association so I don't care where they go. I just wish there in house biz would stay on the other side of the web.

Ceec said:
Even with two west US proposals at hand, the NTBA gives the 2010 National Event to Colorado Springs. Vote was three to one and one officer did not vote. Probably will be the biggest event yet.

:mad: Cecil

I don't think this forum is a proper place to air issues about the NTBA. I'd ask the forum moderator to end this thread, please.

For furture comments about the NTBA please post over on their forums.

Grant, I slightly disagree with closing the thread simply because this ISN'T official business of the NTBA... it's a thread about one .... ONE person's OPINION (and in my opinion it's 100% incorrect) about an event.

The NTBA Nationals will be in Colorado Springs next year. That's over 1500 miles CLOSER than this year's event to the ONE constant complainer about not having a Nationals in his backyard.

I agree with Mike's suggestion that if you gave the three proposals to any ten members of the NTBA, the outcome would be exactly the same as it stands right now.

Kletus and I will go to Colorado Springs somehow. It'll be about 1100 miles there and another 1100 miles back home.

Yes, that's 400 miles less that the complainer each way.

Did I make it to Sierra Vista? No. Why? It was a tad bit too far for me. Did I complain? NO. Why? Because I had no reason to complain. I could have hopped a plane and gone there with no bucket, but it certainly would not have been as much fun. I CHOSE not to go, the event was successful and LOTS of peolpe had a good time.

Some people just like to complain I suppose.

Right or wrong, a person should be able to complain, no matter how silly it sounds year after year after year.

T-Odd said:
Grant, I slightly disagree with closing the thread simply because this ISN'T official business of the NTBA... it's a thread about one .... ONE person's OPINION (and in my opinion it's 100% incorrect) about an event.

The NTBA Nationals will be in Colorado Springs next year. That's over 1500 miles CLOSER than this year's event to the ONE constant complainer about not having a Nationals in his backyard.

I agree with Mike's suggestion that if you gave the three proposals to any ten members of the NTBA, the outcome would be exactly the same as it stands right now.

Kletus and I will go to Colorado Springs somehow. It'll be about 1100 miles there and another 1100 miles back home.

Yes, that's 400 miles less that the complainer each way.

Did I make it to Sierra Vista? No. Why? It was a tad bit too far for me. Did I complain? NO. Why? Because I had no reason to complain. I could have hopped a plane and gone there with no bucket, but it certainly would not have been as much fun. I CHOSE not to go, the event was successful and LOTS of peolpe had a good time.

Some people just like to complain I suppose.

Right or wrong, a person should be able to complain, no matter how silly it sounds year after year after year.

My point is this. If you have complaint about the NTBA, Goodguys, NSRA, or any other car association, then take your complaint to them. This forum has no association with any car club and is for the discussion of the T-bucket hobby. I'd prefer this forum stay neutral and let the NTBA politics stay on the NTBA website.

I actually do have a complaint about Goodguys. This weekend in Nashville...

2nd Nashville Nationals Presented By TCI Automotive
LP Field, Tennessee Titan Stadium Nashville, TN
Jun 29, 30, July 1, 2007
Rods, customs, classics & muscle cars thru 72.

Admission

General: $15
Kids (7-12): $6
Under 6: Free
$5 Parking Fee charged by LP Field

Now... to take your car and BE the show it'll cost you $90.

So take your car and pay $90 to BE the show, or pay $15 to go look at a bunch of guys that paid $90 to park their cars????

Man, that's just plain silly.

I'll put my money in the gas tank and drive my bucket up and down the Natchez Trace instead.

NOW, back to your statement that this is NOT the place to discuss such things... I am still of the opinion that a person should be allowed to bring up concerns no matter the organization.

This is America right? If one person is searching to validate their opinion on a particular subject by posting their thoughts, hoping someone somewhere might feel the same way, OR maybe even offer an opinion or suggest they're so off that it's just silly, then this IS the place. We're talking T Buckets, T Bucket Events, not a particular club's business.

You and I can agree to disagree... I'm not trying to convince you that you're wrong ;)

We'll leave it up to the powers that be on this particular forum. I wholeheartedly believe if they don't want it here, it will be removed AND if thet's their decision, then it shall be... I won't complain LOL.

It has been known to happen, on occasion, that things just seem to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back