That is a robust setup! Thank you for sharing. Every little bit helps to foster ideas if not outright copy somebody!These are the friction shocks I made for my bucket. Seems like they are very similar to what @Hackerbilt made. This should give you a good idea of the spring setup he used. For mine I used a slant six valve spring and retainer. I searched a lot of threads across the internet on friction material and am giving this UHMW plastic a try. The reason people were suggesting this on the forums was the material has less static friction so it will result in a smoother operation. I may try some other materials this season though. Unfortunately my long shock arms probably don't help either so maybe some stiffer material like rubber would help. I eventually welded tabs to the spring shackles for the mounts.
View attachment 24784