Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

TRACK T FINISH PHOTOS

spec on track T. 355 cu in s/b Chevy t 400 trans 9" Ford rear. Has stock car saefty brakes with Buick drums on the front. A 37 ford beam axle. Frame rails were from a 1950s CRA roadster with cross member mods for Chevy engine trans

Lookin' good!

Jim

It was a kind of hybrid, right? The split 'bones, nose, nerfs, and cool belly pan are all late '40s early '50s track-T style while the stance, interior, and rear wheels / tires were all current era fad-T style. Interesting blend of eras. Do you know the history of that frame? I have read books about the racing roadsters - very few of them have survived...

My track-T is a hybrid, too. The style and stance are late-'40s early '50s while the frame is more like an early '60s Altered drag car - tube frame, no belly pan. My interior (so far) is race car style with aluminum buckets and cowl steering. I hope to (finally!) have this one running soon.

What is your current project?

The frame was built by my dad for a new CRA track roadster build to replace the chassis of his old wreaked roadster. The nose on this car is alumn. Most of the car was never finished because the roadster racing changed to the cut up 32 34 ford race cars that replaced the roaring roadsters. I never got rid of any old car parts so I finished the car with a fiberglass body, alumn hood, side panels. Will look to see if I have any photos of the chassis before I finished the car. The rear tires are what every T bucket should have. HHPIM3847.JPG ere is my current T bucket project

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back