Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turbo 350 Detent Hole leak

JeffBorn

I am building a custom 27 roadster and just drove it out of the garage for the first time yesterday. I have pretty substantial leakage around the cover of the detent cable hole.
I did overfill the tranny slightly, however I can't help but think this will be a problem. Is their a gasket that I am missing or another means of resolving this leak issue? I was thinking of not even hooking up the detent cable as I'm running a 305 and think I'm barely weighing 1600 pounds. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

you talking about the "kick down" cable?

Also,Where in O-Town? I'm sitting here near the airport with my '27

I had the same problem and I replaced the cable and still had a leak. I got P'd and broke it off and just sealed it shut. Maybe I should of looked at the O ring deal.:eek:

Yes there is an oring . I am running a kickdown on my turbo 350 .It is nice for passing in a hurry.

Track-T said:
you talking about the "kick down" cable?

Also,Where in O-Town? I'm sitting here near the airport with my '27

After some research and removal the seal is a Tophat type "O-ring with a sleeve".
Does not look bad but not new. I"m trying to locate
replacement seal or new cable, bushings and seal. Have not located it yet from any of the auto parts sites where I know the seal is included.
I am in Winter Park

Welcome JeffBorn. I live in Oviedo which is right next door to you. Give me a call, my cell is ***(407) 754-4879***.

Jim

Thankds for everyones input. I wound up replacing the cable for 20 bucks,
It had an O ring as opposed to the top hat seal that came out. Worked like a charm.
Dry as abone. Thanks again
Now I have fuel issues which I will post in the right forum.:lol:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back