Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

VDO didg speedo problems

rooster57

My speedo seems to register the distance i travel but at any speed it only says 10 MPH. any suggestions . I went over the wiring again and other than a splice to lenghten the cable all seems well.

Rooster

Did you set the pulses per mile?

Mine wound up being somewhere around 18000 per mile, but that would depend on your gearing and tire size.

Mike

No i havent and i cant find my install papers ARG

Thanks Duke i will give that a try.

Rooster

One other thing. If you have a GPS unit, you can use that to fine tune the calibration on your speedo since most nav units show speed.

It took me about 20 miles of the check, pull over and tweek and then check again routine, but it's right on the money now.

Hope you get it figured out.

Mike

That is a great idea i have a new Tom Tom

Your most accurate way is auto calibrate. Use the GPS to measure off a mile. Done with a button push. What a great invention. Change the rear gears or tar diameter, another little drive and a button push, done easy.

Wild Mango said:
Your most accurate way is auto calibrate.

I don't know, mine is pretty accurate.

When the nice deputy pulled me over the other day, the speed he wanted to charge me for was exactly what my speedo said I was doing!:eek:

Got off with a warning, but I don't want to try that again.

Mike

Your supposed to get a ticket to frame that you got it with your bucket.:laff:Maybe next time flip him off when he pulls you over that always helps.

Got the VDO speedo working today, apparently you HAVE TO wire it the way the instructions say with no splices. Anyways the GPS was the perfect way to set my speed. Now their is another problem i thought i was going a lot faster than i really was.:D

rooster57 said:
i thought i was going a lot faster than i really was.

Kind of like a go-kart and just as much fun!!!(maybe more):lol::lol:

Glad to hear you got it worked out!

Mike

For a while I thought you were talkin' bout those Speedo Fastskins in the ad below in the sponsored links section. I was thinking " What problems could he be having with his Speedo? They always fit so well ..."

John

P.S. I have never seen Rooster in a Speedo. Honest.

my wife said if i wore a speedo it would be an image she would never be able to get out of her head. I wonder what she means by that??????????? Anyways

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back