Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Very New 23 T owner from Ohio

7ptbuck

Hi,
My daughter and I just bought our first 23 T-Bucket. I have always wanted one and I raised her to be a gear head as well. She also has the love for the old 23 T's. We always talked about buying one that needed work, something we can do together and make our own. Well we finally found it and for a very good price, I think. It's still sitting on the trailer under a tarp because here in Ohio, it either rains, snows or is so cold out you cant stand it when you have something special you want to do outside. Once the RAIN stops, we will get it off the trailer and I'll take some good pics of it and post for you all. I do have one pic but its small so may not see that well but will give you all an idea on what we have. Things will be slow moving for a while cause i have under gone back surgery and need to heal up from that but as soon as im back to 90%, im on it ;).
Looking forward to reading and chatting with ya all and most of all, having everyone see our T take shape as we work on it and make it ours.

Attachments

• 23 T.jpg
    23 T.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 70
Welcome, it looks like a nice T from what I can see. I hope your back heals soon, I had mine fixed in 05, one of the best things I ever did.

Welcome aboard! Your car looks like a neat project! What part of Ohio are you from (besides the rainy part)?

Welcome, I'm a new owner also. I talked to the po of your car. I was going to look at it. I bought one from a guy in Warren. I am from the far west side of Cleveland.

baaaaaah wear the big honking brace they give you and get to work :D

I built a big privacy fence wearing my brace! :)

Welcome!

I still have my brace, I figured as long as I keep it I won't need it again.

Welcome to the forum, it looks like you and your daughter have a great starting point. I hope you have a warm garage that will allow you to work on it over the winter. Being in Northern Illinois I can understand what you're saying about the weather, I just spent most of Monday putting my bucket away for the winter :cry:.

Thanks you all for welcoming us here. To all that asked, im from a little area called Canal Fulton, About half hour south of Akron, just north of Massillon.

A little more about my back lol, I had my 1st surgery Aug 3, the 2nd Aug 18 and the 3rd Oct 14. I lost 40 lbs sence the first surgery so my brace falls off me now lol. Best weight loss program ever but i dont recommend it lol. I think they have me on the right road now, just have to weight for swelling to go down and then time. Good thing i have 2 daughters who each have a boyfriend, ill be getting my garage cleaned out this weekend and then getting the T off the trailer and into garage.

ba49, might be a good thing you went with another car. It's been a time dealing with this guy. Still trying to get some of the parts that came with the car, like the valve covers. Was suppose to be a turn key bucket but when i looked at it, the valve covers were off, (do to a little leak he was fixing). I bought the car without ever starting it. At this point im saying its a bucket with a motor thats being pulled to be rebuilt or replaced. But for what i paid for it, im quite ok with that ;)

Now here is my first real question for you guys, I bought a ford bucket that has a chevy motor in it. I was thinking of putting a ford motor back into it, (I located a 69 BB 429) Whats everyones take on the motor deal?

Oh and yes we will be posting pics as we go, its gonna be a slow build because of that nasty thing called money but we will share our road to happiness with ya's.

7ptbuck, what you said about Ohio weather is very true, that is why I moved to Florida as soon as I retired. ( I always said that the ONLY thing that kept me in Ohio was a good paying job! ) As a former "Buckeye", I'd like to welcome you aboard. You'll find the "weather" always very pleasant here on the Forum.

Jim

Welcome to the site. I live just north of Columbus. Sounds like you have a good project to work on with the daughter. Just make sure she knows who owns the project.

Sounds like we should get together next summer in Ohio.

I am a true Chevy guy at heart (just look at my build..lol), but a 429 would be a ton of fun I think!

You will find many a Ford in a Ford guy on here, but just as many sbc folks.

Oh yeah what is it about Ohio, we seem to have a ton of Buckeyes and displaced Buckeyes on this site :)

7ptbuck, he told me it was a turnkey and he was in a jam and needed money. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from him so I didn't go look at it. It looked like a good deal but I had just bought one that needed some work. Good luck and let me know if I can help you with anything. I've been into bikes for the last 35 yrs. and decided to get back into cars. I also have a mint 72 El Camino. I just retired and wanted a winter project to keep me busy.

Thanks EX, i'm finding out real fast that the "weather" is perfect in here.

jcunning, seems there is quite a few in here from Ohio and bordered states that are close. I think getting together in the summer is a great idea. We will have to talk more about that and get something in the works in the spring. As far as who owns the project, we talked about it and anything we do will have to be a go from both of us, no one sided ideas so things go smooth.

ba49, he told me a turn key also but like i said, things didnt add up. I'm still glad i bought it though and we cant wait to tear it apart so we can rebuild it our way.

Thanks for the offer, I may take ya up on that. Funny you mention the 72 El, I was looking at buying a 72 El that was on CL. Was working on getting someone to take me to look at it when i ran across the T, decided i wanted the T more. I'm also a bike guy, street or dirt, i'll ride anywhere lol. Well i would have, not sure i'll ever ride again but im sure hoping.

Keeper, even though i ask that question in the wrong area, I thank you for your reply. I'll post again where i should and we can pick back up on this.

Welcome from another newbie.
With so many T's in Ohio we need to have a little get together next summer.
I dont live there any more , but I visit the Cleveland area OFTEN .

Welcome, You got my attention with mentioning the 429 install. Besides the price, a Ford engine is what sold me on the T I bought.
I have not had to do much engine work, but am continuously modding or up grading on mine. If you are considering the 429, go ahead and start thinking transmissions. Tee's are great fun. The help available here is like having a pit crew at your side.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back