Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Waiting...

It is currently in West Chester PA, hopefully it will be on the truck and on the way over here Wednesday or Thursday. It sounds as though it runs well, but I have only seen a video the current owner put together for me.

Oh, by the way- you guys may need to correct me. I have been calling this new car a "T-Bucket" but that is only because I don't know the definition of what one is. It is titled as a 1927 Ford, but it is kind of more like a roadster I guess. It is an early 80's Speedway body and frame (at least that is what I have been told).

Hello and welcome. Although my car is a 23 fiberglass T body, the style of the build is not your typical "t bucket" either. I think this site has pretty much opened it's arms to any car built with a fiberglass model T body of any style or year. People here are great at helping folks out, and there are many who have many years experience they love to share. Enjoy the new ride !

Thanks Dale. I am also a forum member on a Corvette site and the "purist" there can get all over some of the members. It is good to know this one is a bit more friendly.

Thanks Dale. I am also a forum member on a Corvette site and the "purist" there can get all over some of the members. It is good to know this one is a bit more friendly.
I know what you mean about "purists". I've witnessed flack that a lot of t buckets have gotten on other sites. They can't understand why we don't spend a few hundred or even a thousand hours replacing sheet metal panels on a "period correct" hot rod. Or they give you grief because you didn't hand restore or fabricate every single piece of your ride. We would all love to have the time or $$$ to build cars like that, but a cool car is still a cool car, and most of us don't someone's affirmation to make us LOVE our little hotrods! (Off my soapbox now!). :thumbsup:

If you are expecting somebody to jump on you for not being "traditional or period correct" you are spending to much on the H.A.M.B.! This is a very friendly group that only supports each other and wants everybody to have a good time.

If you are expecting somebody to jump on you for not being "traditional or period correct" you are spending to much on the H.A.M.B.! This is a very friendly group that only supports each other and wants everybody to have a good time.

Hello ORF, not expecting it at all, was just making a comment about another forum I was on. Good to know that folks here are supportive and helpful. Not sure what "H.A.M.B." is, but it does not sound good. Is that something you can fry up and put mayonnaise on? ;-)

-Glenn

H.A.M.B. is a great resource for information if you can ignore the few JERKS that jump on you for not putting an introduction before you post or crap like that. I spend a lot of time there getting ideas and motivation for my '50 Ford custom I'm building. My heart is in T buckets but my 69 year old fat ass fits the Coupe better!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back