Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What Size Steering Wheel Does Everyone Use?

spartacus

Do most people just buy Grant Steering Wheels and what size do you like to use? 15" seems a bit big. What do you all think?

In the Cedan I use a 13 inch so I can fit behind it............In the Yelot I have a 14 inch cause it is a bit higher so I fit pretty good......Now I am installing a door in the Yelot.........

Like @lincolnuT said, you need to use what will allow you to fit in comfortably. Angle of the steering column, height of the seat and size of the person have a lot to do with it. In the past I have cut cardboard circles to simulate steering wheels for mock-up.

Has anyone tried this brand? Forever Sharp?

They do a lot on Ebay but have a US location as well. I just don't want something that'll bend with the smallest amount of force, yes I had one that did that, very dangerous, always test your steering wheels!

My original wheel was 13”. I thought it was too small so I bought a 15” wheel from speedway. I installed it and I thought it was too big. I went back to the 13” wheel.

While it's true that a bigger wheel gives you more leverage, most of us find that in these light cars, manual steering feels more like power steering once the vehicle is moving. Plus the smaller wheels give more cockpit room.

Has anyone tried this brand? Forever Sharp?

They do a lot on Ebay but have a US location as well. I just don't want something that'll bend with the smallest amount of force, yes I had one that did that, very dangerous, always test your steering wheels!

I'm using a Forever Sharp. I'll let you know how I like it if I ever get it driving. 😁

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back