Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wheel or Tire Dolly - Have You Built for Your Garage?

INVU2

Hello Everyone,

I see wheel or tire dollies for standard size tire for sale here and their.

Has anyone built some for the bigger size tires found on the rear of many t-buckets.

It would be nice to roll the bucket around the garage this winter.

I now have 16 caster for this project, just looking for more ideas before I start.

Thanks
-E

Hello Everyone,

I see wheel or tire dollies for standard size tire for sale here and their.

Has anyone built some for the bigger size tires found on the rear of many t-buckets.

It would be nice to roll the bucket around the garage this winter.

I now have 16 caster for this project, just looking for more ideas before I start.

Thanks
-E
Tack weld jack stands into wheel dollys, no flat spots on your tires and you are moveable....ruggs

I saw a great set in Car Craft, maybe the june issue. The guy who made the Imperial speedster, took scrap 2x4s put the first two on the floor. The next two are screwed right on top at 90 degrees to make a square. And then just keep alternating. The top two end up working like tire chocks. You can make it as wide or high as needed. The casters should be easy to fix to the bottom. It's on my project list, about number 77.

I think these could be made easily and could be used with any width tire.Use a little heavier steel it should work.

javascript:void(0);
dolly_zpsd4e81326.jpg
[/IMG]
dolly_zpsd4e81326.jpg

I think these could be made easily and could be used with any width tire.Use a little heavier steel it should work.

javascript:void(0);
dolly_zpsd4e81326.jpg
[/IMG]
dolly_zpsd4e81326.jpg
I bought a set of 4 from HF cheap. Works great with 10 inch tires.

Can't heavier steel be used to make a wider set?

Heavier steel not needed for a T Bucket, 3/16 thick already. Have put '30&'32 Ford with 10 and 12 inch tires and '55 Chevy on mine and no problems.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back