Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Whine with my cheese . . .

Spanky

Staff member
OK, I gotta vent: I just paid my 6 months insurance premium for my T and it's up to almost $350!!! Are you having the same problem where you live? My understanding is that Missouri's rates are going to be higher still. What can we do? Self-insure???

Attachments

• angry.jpg
    angry.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 0
OK, I gotta vent: I just paid my 6 months insurance premium for my T and it's up to almost $350!!! Are you having the same problem where you live? My understanding is that Missouri's rates are going to be higher still. What can we do? Self-insure???
I used to carry a bond that basically met the states liability requirements in addition to our auto policy. I did this because I own numerous vehicles that have specific but limited uses and I alone operate them, and insuring everything is unimaginable. I carried a traditional policy on my daily driver, the wife’s car, and the kids vehicles, of course, but it made sense for my intended purpose. I carried it for twenty years but they recently changed it, jacking the rates way up and limiting coverage... no more motorcycles, etc. I dropped it. It was less to add my motorcycle and one additional vehicle to our existing policy, and it is actual insurance, not a bond that leaves me financially exposed in the event of a incident. I’m not sure about my dump truck, wrecker, and the other limited use vehicles. Frustrating. I thought about self insuring, but am unfamiliar with the exact requirements. I know you have to deposit $xxxx.xx with the Secretary of State, I believe. The problem is, from my paranoid conspiracy theory point of view is: I own numerous properties and I’m suspicious that I could be targeted by internet savvy would be criminals, ambulance chasing unscrupulous attorneys, or the like. It’s a very real issue, pharmaceuticals are a big problem too. “They” have figured out how to take all of our money systematically, whoever “They” are. Sarcasm implied!

Last edited:
That's crazy, mine is at $500 but that is for the year.
It is set with an agreed value of $25K so maybe that is the difference.

I pay 655.00 per year for the T Bucket, The Cedan, The Econoline Pickup and a 1960 Ford F100 so I think Ihave a great company that I am doing business with.....O' yes i even get the drivers club mag.....Hagerty is my company to work with...........O yes the Agreed Valvue is $15000 for two of them and $5000 for the other two.........

I pay 655.00 per year for the T Bucket, The Cedan, The Econoline Pickup and a 1960 Ford F100 so I think Ihave a great company that I am doing business with.....O' yes i even get the drivers club mag.....Hagerty is my company to work with...........O yes the Agreed Valvue is $15000 for two of them and $5000 for the other two.........
I use Hagerty as well 😄

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back