Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who's running cowl steering?

track ... are you using a pillow block or something to suport the extension shaft?

Ron

after some digging around on the web..

http://www.gasalleystreetrods.com/Steering.html

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

yep,It's not long(8") But, gotta have something there to keep it from moving.

i have concidered welding 2 shafts together too. i like the look of the stock pitman arm over a homemade one. just personal preference.

Ron

steering1.jpg
I was also thinking of using a... STOP! I can't go any further without saying how proud I am to have figured out how to ad the picture of the steering coupling. I am a "Low Tech Redneck". I can hold my own mechanically, but all this computer stuff is above my pay-grade. This is a proud day in my life. Kinda' sad, huh. OK back to my idea- I was also thinking of using a coupling as a means of attaching the cowl extension. They can be disassembled, rebuilt, modified in a number of ways. I can also build a complete assembly that includes the steering box, coupling, cowl extension shaft, and brace to support the extension shaft just inside the skin of the cowl. On the application I have in my brain, I'll have enough room and framework to attach it to. Wish I could draw, or even better, wish I was far enough along to take pictures to show you what I have in mind. I need to wait until I have a cowl ready b/4 (for dimension and fit purposes) I start fabrication. Well, I've put the cart b/4 the horse in the past, guess I might do it again. OK, where's my welder? Tim.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back