Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Will these heads be okay???

Johnny

I have a advertised 300HP chevy 350 with the 333882 heads. I know, from research, they are smog heads used on trucks and are proned to cracking. I'm not going to be doing any drag racing or high speed runs, so do ya think these heads will be okay? If they are crap heads, do any of you have an idea for some better heads? Not aluminum. Too high dollar for this po boy!

Thanks

Just because they're low compression and small valves, don't mean they're not worth keeping. For a T and just cruisin', they're plenty good. Just have them magnafluxed and pressure tested...most cracks can be pinned, or sewn with the screws, or welded.
If its all you can afford, its all you can afford....theres plenty of stock motors out there in T's....

I had 882s in my truck and liked them. Had a low-rev (800-4800) cam and it worked great. Used even smaller-valve Power Pack 550s in my T, also with 800-4800 cam. Your T will not stress those heads enough to worry about cracking. Do use a mild cam to take advantage of the torque.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back