Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wiring harness help

WyldHog77

Hi all. I'm work on the 23 that I bought, and I'm finding out more and more that it was built by a complete hack. The wiring is a complete mess, and is in need of total replacement. I decided to go with a Painless 12 circuit kit for ease and cleanliness. I'm now having trouble figuring out where and how to mount the fuse block, and what the best way to route the wires. I'm kind of a neat and clutter free kind of guy, and the rats nest is getting to me. Any ideas, and or pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If I had a do over on the 32 I would make a hinged plate to mount the block on. When in use folded up under the dash. When access is needed just swing the hinged plate down and expose the block for easy access.

Mine is mounted like "guilld" has suggested. The first picture is taken looking up under the dash with the panel in the up position and the second shows it in the down position to check the fuses.

Jim

Here is how I mounted mine:

18%20aug%202011%20007.JPG_595.jpg

Now for mine I have a raised dash panel for the gauges so they did not interfere with this setup. If you are flush mounting your gauges, you could move it to the passenger side. Just means more wire under the dash.

I like the idea of the hinge plate. I appreciate all the info, and will certainly keep everyone posted. As soon as I get a moment, I'll throw some pictures up. This weekend, however, I'm going to be driving her around town. Have a great weekend, if you're a vet....Thank You

Same here, I'm old, I have arthritis really bad, so to make easy, I mounting mine to a plate on the back side of my dash, with a hinge, like the others. To hold it up, I put a strip of velcro on the plate mounting the fuse block and a piece on the plate on the back side of the dash. This keeps it in the 'UP' position. I wired a door jamb switch to a small LED cluster just behind my dash, so, whenever I drop the panel to look for a blown fuse, the LED light comes on. Helps at night and overcast days. Just remember to give yourself enough room with the wires to drop it down without binding the wires.
Also, beside the fuseblock I have another piece of velcro. I have a small plastic box with velcro on it that holds extra fuses and a extra fuse breakers....just in case.

Wow! Lots of great ideas here! The hinged idea is brilliant and the fuses are genius!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back