Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1/4 elliptical question

Gr8lite

I don't think this is redundant , if it is sorry. I am probably trying to over engineer this. Some someone please point out the obvious to me , thanks!

Does any one have any pictures of front 1/4 elliptical's where they mount to the axle via a shackle? I found some pics but couldn't see the actual shackle mounts. Thanks.

I have a Brazillion pictures to go through but I know I some pics uploaded somewhere.

Give me some time to go through them all.

The latest (September) Street Rodder magazine has an article on trianguated 1/4 ellipticals Believe a recent previous issue had another article on installing 1/4 ellipticals. Not sure if that is what you're looking for but might be of help.

Maybe these shots will help you.

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

If you need further clarification, I'll take some more pictures in the morning and post them for you.

Jim

Thanks guys , awesome pics. However I am looking for pics of the same set up with a forged axle. I'm a bit confused about how to mount the shackles on a forged unit!

Thanks!

I'm sure I have more... but after searching through about 8000 pictures, this is what I've found so far.

252603318_e65bcfa261_o.jpg

252603319_98900cc2b6_o.jpg

252603983_88e3d387a7_o.jpg

252603324_0437faca2e_o.jpg

2591820852_98768ce78e.jpg

2589514450_a8845b4ed6.jpg

2589514352_c37f801069.jpg

Great pictures. The last three look almost exactly like my set up only prettier.

Jim

EX JUNK said:
Maybe these shots will help you.

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

If you need further clarification, I'll take some more pictures in the morning and post them for you.

Jim

Jim -

Everytime I see your car I am more and more impressed with your build as with all the tbucketeers out there. Even your garage floor is clean and cool. I am certainly jealous. My car and floor are both dirty, but at least they match...LOL. Did you do the floor coating yourself? We are building a new house soon and I would like to put this down if not too expensive or hard to do.

Thanks!

Jim, those last pics were taken at the 2008 NTBA Springfield Nats... it was a VERY clean Zipper's Roadster with a small turtle deck and track nose.

Super nice car (even thought I'm not a very big fan of Yellow for some reason), I took lots of pics of it... you just have to dig through all 2000 of my pics from Springfield to get to them.

Todd

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back