Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

10 worthless posts or 1 worthless member

This board requires 10 worthless posts before some one can post a Car Show. I understand the spam thing. but if you ever put on a show you know how time consuming it is, and if you have to make ten twenty thirty posts per board, how much time is that taking away from making a quality show?

Spam is not giving a d** off topic or worse.
but if that is all you think I'm about, then that is your decision.
I understand Moderating the first several posts, not requiring them.

What I ment was . Are you only here for free ads or to add to the conversations. Didn't mean to upset you

It's not hard to make 10 post here, I did 10 my first hour after reading a few posts. I really don't see a problem.

I think Mike's intentions are to keep people just joining and making one post then load up the To Sell Classifieds then never post again. I see it on other types of forums all the time. As for joining enough forums to make it a full time job making posts...well I wouldn't have time to ever go to work. If you have monitored this forum for any length of time you should have realized the types of people here that are either needing a little help or advice or you would have seen people offering that help. It's a good place to hang out. Now about that mid engine truck...I think everyone here would like to see some larger pictures and a little information about it. Hang around as you might just like it.

George

Thanks Iroct. Just a lot of stress, this show is taking a lot out of me, emotionally and financially. But yes I am obviously here for the Ad, however as one that loves cars you to know that it is an addiction, n we all return.

Carolina Man, the problem is ten posts multiplied by every board out here on the net. And when it is a number to get out of the way, then how valuable are the posts. VS attraction which all car communities have buy nature, and grown by the comments of the members.

fluidfloyd If a person only posts an Ad and never returns, they are not a car person.

The photo is but sad. She's from when I was stationed overseas, someone had abandoned an old Willys on the Navy Base north of me, the engine a V12 from a wrecked Ferrari, both were confiscated by US Customs (supposedly destroyed), the icon is just my Artwork of what she was to be. I also later salvaged an old 38 Chevy n chopped her enough toward this concept that everyone thought she was a Willys, n she was stolen. There won't be a third attempt.

Carolina Man, the problem is ten posts multiplied by every board out here on the net. And when it is a number to get out of the way, then how valuable are the posts. VS attraction which all car communities have buy nature, and grown by the comments of the members.

Most forums don't require a set amount of posts. I still don't see a problem with 10 posts.

fluidfloyd If a person only posts an Ad and never returns, they are not a car person.

The photo is but sad. She's from when I was stationed overseas, someone had abandoned an old Willys on the Navy Base north of me, the engine a V12 from a wrecked Ferrari, both were confiscated by US Customs (supposedly destroyed), the icon is just my Artwork of what she was to be. I also later salvaged an old 38 Chevy n chopped her enough toward this concept that everyone thought she was a Willys, n she was stolen. There won't be a third attempt.

That's to bad about the truck. Customs are a strange bunch as we deal with them several times a year and they do hold all the power. A friend of mine in California is just starting a mid-engine early pick. I'll post a picture when he get's it a finished or close to finished state. I think they will make it a flatbed so they can use it for a shop truck. I thank you for your Navy service! There are a few veterans on this site as you will find out. Hope your car show goes well as I know they can be a real hand full for sure. We're taking cars to one next Sunday here in the Kansas City, KS area. Anyone in the area can attend if so inclined. www.artofthecarconcours.com

These are two of three cars we will display there. Hope to see any of you KS area guys there.

http://www.kansascity.com/cars/arti...cer-to-appear-in-Art-of-the-Car-Concours.html

NudeAutoMall, you list your age as 92, is that correct??? If so, WOW!

Jim

fluidfloyd,

Actually I was Air Force, just always stationed on remote bases where we had to go to a Navy or Army base for supplies. Sorry to hear you have to deal wit the demons at Customs so much, don't know of many more callous then they. n not much into race cars, but that second one is an exception, very nice.

PS: can't even quote before 10 posts.... fustrating

Ex Junk, na, that would be my Uncle if he were still with us. Never quite give away enough info for id theft, another lesson learned the hard way.

Hey, @NudeAutoMall, how about this? You don't like the way things are set up around here, so it is time for you to go elsewhere. Hit the highway and go promote yourself and your agenda elsewhere. Guess what? This forum is not here for you to use as your advertising bulletin board. This forum is here for our community. The rules are not designed to have some feckwit come on and dump '10 worthless posts', so they can then play your silly-arsed stunts, the rules are designed so the members of our community don't have to put up with nonsense like yours. If someone cannot be a contributing member of this community, then we see no need to provide them with any of the benefits this community provides.

Hit the road, you're not welcome here. I don't give a flying flip about your car show or how stressed out you are over trying to put it together. When 'experts' like yourself waddle in here, telling any one of us how wonderful you are, and how lacking we are, you overlook the simple concept that respect is earned, rather than given. Last time I checked, I was not beholden to you for a damn thing.

From our Terms of Service page -

"The T-Bucket Forums is a privately-owned Web site and visiting this Web site or being a member is a privilege, NOT a right.

The T-Bucket Forums has full liberty to choose its members. We reserve our rights to accept or reject any member sign-ups, remove or banish any member from the site, grant and revoke any privileges to members within the site without warning, prior notice or giving any reason and at any time we find appropriate."

Last edited:
Sorry Mike didn't mean to light the fire

What is the difference between you and spam
Simple answer - nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was just one more person looking for a place to drop a drive-by post. And now, everyone can witness for themselves the reason for the limitations we place on newly registered members.

Amazing how he was pissing and moaning about having to make so many posts, but did you notice he did have plenty of time to upload an avatar? I'm thinking if he is so stressed with everything he has to do, then he should never have taken on those responsibilities in the first place. But you see how it works. He took on something he wasn't prepared to do, and because that causes stress in his life, he figures he can waddle in here and piss all over us for it.

I give it no more than 90 minutes until I get an e-mail from the Contact Us link, with him telling me what a no-good, low-life so-and-so I am for banning him. Cry me a river... :rolleyes:

You go Mike! We don't need these type of guys that are here to promote some self serving interest rather than trying to help someone on a build.

Jim

Sorry Mike didn't mean to light the fire
Not to worry, you lit nothing. All you did was place the tall, pointy cap on that dunce's head, right where it belonged. I don't see anything wrong with that.

@EX JUNK - I really have no issue with an actively participating member trying to promote worthwhile event. That only helps build community. It is when people like this numpty roll in here and figure they can post whatever they want, that I start warming up the ban hammer. Shoot, if one of you is having a pancake breakfast or a bake sale to raise funds for some worthy cause, then by all means, go ahead and post about it. But when fools want to run in the door, drop a quickie post to promote their event, and then run back out again, I don't give a rat's rectum. I did not open this forum for one post wonders to use as their own, personal, general store bulletin board. If he would like to give me his Social Security number, so I can deduct him as a dependent, then maybe we can work something out. :coffee: Until then, he needs to go stick his snout in another trough. Just because his mommy gave him a breast to suckle doesn't mean I am required to do the same.

I have it on extremely excellent authority :whistling: that he won't be back to bother anyone, but if any of the moderators notice anything that smells like him, just remove it.

EDIT - Thanks to all the members who reported this eejit's posts. I was sound asleep, else I would have handled everything sooner.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back