Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1923 vw-t

look what i got. it's a real poc. whoever built it didn't know what he was doing. there is so much wrong with it i couldn't list them all. the last pic is what i will do to it. kind of a all weather rod.
price was good though, just $800 bucks.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

IMG_0001-11.jpg

I remember when fibreglass bodys were available for vw pans in the 70s. Looks like a vw pan from what I can see. Pull the body off sell the pan to someone building a dune buggy and put the body on a good rolling chassis and you have a good start.

no Francis, this is built on a rectangle tube frame 1.5 x 3 in. i do know what you mean about the pans though. i remember a company called allied up in sacramento, ca that had a kit like your talking about. this could be one of those put on a regular t frame but allieds box was one piece. this one the original builder just cut it and used aluminum sheet to extend it. i tend to think he just built it. it also has 1/4 plate welded on the frame to the torsion bar to mate the two. i built one of these back in 1976 which was built along these lines but much nicer. i cut the torsion bar off and made radius rods like any other t. it allowed it to sit a lot lower than this one does. here is how i built it.
IMG_0001-13.jpg

here is the car
IMG_0011-1.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back