Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1949-1954 spindles

Shank

I just picked up a set of old school 49-54 Chevy spindles, looking for ideas for front disc set up. I have a Chevy link pin axle from RPM. Is there any salvage yard parts that will work?

Just let me know when you order that they are factory spindles. I make a bearing adapter for those.

I'm confused.
I have intermediate GM rotors on early Chev spindles on my T but no bearing adapters.
I just bought new bearings and races and I believe the numbers were OEM match for a 75 Chevy Malibu. Granted I haven't installed them yet...but I DID bring the old ones to the bearing house to get matched, and previously cross-referenced the numbers thru Napa online.
Weird....

I'm confused.
I have intermediate GM rotors on early Chev spindles on my T but no bearing adapters.
I just bought new bearings and races and I believe the numbers were OEM match for a 75 Chevy Malibu. Granted I haven't installed them yet...but I DID bring the old ones to the bearing house to get matched, and previously cross-referenced the numbers thru Napa online.
Weird....
Are they original spindles or Speedways? The original spindles took a ball bearing, and have a odd size spindle diameter. When Speedway makes theirs they fixed that so they take a standard bearing. #6 inner #2 outer.

So if you have the original spindles you need a adapter.

Right you are Ron!
I just got hold of the previous owner and the spindles are indeed Speedway!
The car had spindle mounts when he bought it and in order to get front brakes etc he had to change out the machined spindles...thus the trip to the Speedway catalog.
Had me in a spin because I really didn't think they were anything but OEM Chevy. :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back