Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1950 - 53 chev pickup front axel

hemiguy

Hi all ,, i have access to 50-53 chev pick up front axel ,,complete with old style drums , question to you is , is this axel any good ...is there a conversion to later drums or disc ,,( change spindals and pins ) has any 1 ran into this before Thanx Kev

I have everything you need to make that a spring behind axle set up and a kit to put disc brakes on it. No need to remove the spindles from the axle, if the king pins are not worn out.
1326840747845-2037154759.jpeg
th_GMbrakeadapters3002.jpg

We have the rotors and calipers along with all the bearings, etc.

None of Ron's stuff is "expensive" per se. Everything he sells is high quality and really reasonably priced. If you look at the stuff that comes with that setup, and how easy it makes it, I don't think you could go wrong.

Don

Expensive??? Have you bought hemi parts lately hemiguy, now that expensive.

I've personally seen (and photographed, but I'm unable to locate the pics right now) RPM's setup that was used by a friend when he converted his old Chevy truck to spring behind.

Going to start digging for pics now.

That setup would be far cheaper than starting with nothing, and it would look good as well as being strong. I would go with the drum brakes and get that old school look.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back