Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27T Project underway

ok I past my first 10 posts now I can share my project with everyone..lolololol

Picked up this "unfinished project " on September 4th for $5k.. running car, ton of parts, but amateur build with lots of rework to do ( especially that Mack Truck Blue paint on everything!!!)

Car was buried in the guys garage..

20170902_102401.jpg

It is a 2012 Spirit 27T with a Spirit frame with a 32 front crossmember, 32 grill shell....

Engine is a fresh 350 that is basically stock except for a mild cam, intake and carb.

Got it loaded up on my trailer and off to my home! ( gotta love that exhaust..lololol)

FB_IMG_1505000843251.jpg

Parked it in the garage for a couple of days, then started the tear down...

20170904_122142.jpg

20170909_124504.jpg

20170909_124447.jpg

20170909_130254.jpg

Trying to mock up some undercar exhaust on it now ( tired of seeing sidepipes on T's), then I'll start tearing the chassis apart for paint.

Chassis will be black and the body will be Porsche Arena Red

IMG_0675.jpg

That's about it for now... !!!

HRTT

Looks like a good base for your build. Maybe no major re do s. That is a sharp color and car in the last pic.
Keep us updated.

Looks great, Tommy! All, the basics are there for a truly cool hot rod. Will you alter the stance at all? Is a hood likely? Lots of fun ahead . . . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Will you paint the matching blue border on the basketball banking board Arena Red to match the T like the blue matches the T now?

What a steal for 5K. Gonna be fun to follow along.

Looks great, Tommy! All, the basics are there for a truly cool hot rod. Will you alter the stance at all? Is a hood likely? Lots of fun ahead . . . :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not sure yet... I'm tempted to put my big block in this car..lololol 700hp 13:1 compression roller motor... but can't afford the race fuel to enjoy it on the street..lolololol

It came with a hood, so if I end up going with a dual quad setup, the hood may go on with a scoop protruding

Would like to get it a little lower, but not too much due to he crappie road conditions in my area

HRTT

I'm very very impressed with the quality of the Spirit body and frame.. really high quality work and so solid.

This is my first ever experience with a fiberglass body and was a little timid at first to even consider a fiberglass project.. but after seeing it and obviously the price, I'm very satisfied!!

Like I said above in a reply, I would love to have my big block in the car.. I know the small block has more than enough power, but it such a common engine... I like to be somewhat off the norm.. lololol

Wow, what a great price for so much stuff! You did good and I look forward to the rescue.

Nice clean and orderly work area. That is a great help as you'll be able to find things easier rather than having to sort through a lot of "stuff" laying about. IMHO

Jim

Spent a couple hours in the garage tonight after work... got the axles off the chassis and welded on the battery box. Still have to weld up some holes from the previous owner then time to prep for some paint!

20170913_155228.jpg

20170913_155236.jpg

20170913_175542.jpg

20170913_175552.jpg

20170913_175650.jpg

Lots of sanding ahead... lolololol

HRTT

Have you chosen a new color yet or did I miss it?

Little more work on the chassis tonight...

Had a few holes that needed filling that the previous owner placed for whatever reason....

Placed my piece of old flattened copper piping behind the hole that needed filling then filled it up with my mig welder..
IMG_0689.jpg

Here you can see the 4 holes that are no longer holes.. lololol
IMG_0690.jpg

Few moments with a flap disc and they just about disappeared!!
IMG_0692.jpg

I'll give them a quick skim coat of filler it get any of the imperfections out of sight..

That's about it for tonight.. never enough hours in the day!! Grrrrr

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back