Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

27T Windshield

ellis8500

Anybody have pics of your 27T windshield mounting? I have an idea of how it works, but sure could use some pics so I know what to buy. Plan now is to use a chopped frame but might use a full height frame. Haven't made up my mind. Help please.

Anybody have pics of your 27T windshield mounting? I have an idea of how it works, but sure could use some pics so I know what to buy. Plan now is to use a chopped frame but might use a full height frame. Haven't made up my mind. Help please.

Mr Bill: I used opne piece aluminum posts from Total, they come cast (un-polished) and have a groove for the glass. They are mounted through two studs that are tapped into the bottom of the post and into the body. Since I was not using a TP body, I have to do some massaging of the post for fitmant. As it is alum, it was pretty easy. Once i had the posts aligned, fitted, and mounting holes drilled into the body, I polished them and re-tested them. Not sure who carries them now that TP is gone, but I know Spirit was having some made. Maybe check with Josh at Spirit if you are interested. Anyhow here are a few shots:

Bens2788.jpg

P1040866.jpg

Thanks guys. I should have been more specific in my original post. I will probably use a windshield frame as opposed to unframed glass. I would need this if I ever want to add a Spirit hardtop to my car. So I am wondering just how the frame, swivels, studs and posts all go together. This would be the same as a 23 T except for the side posts. Looking for closeup pics or exploded assembly drawing views.

Thanks

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back