Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

383 Stroker Question

I have decided to build a 30 over 350 flat top motor with a Comp cams Thumper series cam,I know that I can get gas and parts anywhere,The motor is out of a 1978 Corvette

Nothing beats a good ole reliable motor that'll run its butt off when you mash on the 'GO' pedal........you can get one hell of a engine going, just take your time and do it right.

A bunch o years ago.....I built a blower motor for this fella....it was strange......he wanted it.....and he was a FC Racer. Of all things for a power plant....a Cosworth Vega engine........He told me he wanted it blown.......he wanted the engine to look like a uniform engine design.......look like it was designed that way........multi carbed with a 4-71 Roots on it. It was a monster!!!!!! Didn't last long though.....(less than a year).....the bottom end just couldn't handle all the torque and horses put on it......wound up snapping the crank and busted out the side of the block when the rod let go.....looked good......too!!!!!:)

akitagandy said:
I have decided to build a 30 over 350 flat top motor with a Comp cams Thumper series cam,I know that I can get gas and parts anywhere,The motor is out of a 1978 Corvette

I would highly reccomend you use a good forged piston, instead of a cast. They just hold up better in a hot rod application.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back