Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

400 car cruise night on web cam

Northstar T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
As the title says. you can view our "back to the 50s" car cruise via downtown Grants Pass Oregon web cam on Saturday night. 7-9 PM the 30th of July. Jennifer and I will have the Northstar T there, and we expect a 1/2 dozen other Ts to join us. They limit the total number of cars to 400 and I heard a couple days ago it was filled up already. The public always comes out in force for this event, as it's like having a mobile car show as you sit on the sidewalk and watch the show go by click here for web cam link . loads of fun for all.

Cheers,
Russ

Russ, just to clarify for everyone, will that be 7:00 - 9:00 PM Pacific Time?

That's correct. thanks Mike. 7-9 PM Pacific daylight time.

Russ

I was at the show gates at 6:00 AM and still had to wait in line for 20 minutes to be parked. the benifit to getting there early is that you get a spot in the trees which affords shade from todays projected upper 90* temps. We're at home briefly to grab some beckfast and a rest, then back to the show until 3:00. then it's off to dinner and get ready to cruise at 7:00 (PDT). this is a shot of the overflow lot out in the sun ;) . I'll get more pics up of todays events later on.

397901352.jpg

Cheers,
Russ and Jennifer

Gotja Ted. we look forward to your visit.

4:00 PM update. The show portion is over and we're back home for a breather until the downtown cruise starts at 7.
I've never been a show guy, in fact this is only the 2nd show I've ever entered a car in, but we've really had a blast so far today. it was so cool to talk to the passer bys I was very honored to hear the many kind words. people really do love bucket Ts!! we had a couple different kids sitting in our T for pictures with mom and dad. I requested they E-mail us copies of those, so I hope to get some of them up here as well.
Our spot on the edge of the city park was terrific for the coolness of the shade trees.

397904382.jpg

more later,
Russ

I checked it out for a while. Looked really cool. Saw a few buckets representing!

Yup. I checked out the web cam myself when we got home around quarter to nine. they changed the camera angle from yesterday!!! I guess it showed each car off better, but it sure didn't give the big picture of what was really going on downtown, so sorry about that part. anyway... we had a BLAST all day. in fact we were having so much fun that I kind of sherked on my duty as photographer. I picked out every decent shot I did get, to post here, but it's the best I can do for this years event.We cruised the 22 block course quite a few times but before we went home we parked and watched for a few minutes also
397910221.jpg
397910220.jpg
397910219.jpg
397910211.jpg

There were some "unusual" rides in attendance. like this weird....... thing...., which was giving rides up on the the top deck (note (fake I assume) stearing wheel up on the "bridge".)
397910208.jpg
early Earnhardt car??? ;)
397910204.jpg
and this "weirdo" ;) who stuffed a blown Northstar in a bucket creation. last I saw this car, several months ago at another show, it wasn't running and deamed dead, so I was happy to see him out on the cruise. never did get to talk to him to find out the details however.
397910200.jpg
N*

That top deck thing, looks like he is really driving from the top deck...

Ha ha. ya... after I posted I was looking at the pic myself and noticed that you can actually see the stearing shaft in the windshield. It's listed a s a Bob Drake vehicle (seller of early Ford parts and the new 40 Ford compleat body), but the thing really has a Mark Grubb (Blastolene special builder) look about it. both guys live here locally. regardless of it's origin, it's just crazy enough for me to love it. ;)

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back