Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who said cruising was dead in America?

Northstar T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jennifer and I are just back from our Friday night bannana split at Dairy Queen. During the summer months Friday nights have begun a cruising revival the past couple of years around here. We had to park the Northstar T way at the far end of Les Schwab parking lot (behind me taking the pic) along with another 12- 15 cars. you also can't see the DQ back lot off to the right of the pic where there are another 20 or so. I've missed cruising over the years since high school in the 60s, so it's awsome to see this again. only difference is the car owners are a bit older than they were in high school ;).
Is this a local thing, or is cruising making a comeback in your town as well?? show the pics if your have them.

Cheers,
Russ and Jennifer aka Northstar T

398076850.jpg

Oh and I should add these are "inpromptu" cruises, nothing organized or planned ahead.

Russ

Russ, That road backup was a fatal crash, it cleared up after we returned to Cave Junction, wish we had turned around and tried again, would have been great to see all those cars at your DQ... In Bakersfield, CA. they also has a lot of cruise nights, every Friday night at Sonic, they get a pretty good turnout... Yes and the group is getting older... The younger group hops up the late stuff... All fun... Maybe we will get back to Grants Pass tonight...

Russ, That road backup was a fatal crash, it cleared up after we returned to Cave Junction, wish we had turned around and tried again, would have been great to see all those cars at your DQ... In Bakersfield, CA. they also has a lot of cruise nights, every Friday night at Sonic, they get a pretty good turnout... Yes and the group is getting older... The younger group hops up the late stuff... All fun... Maybe we will get back to Grants Pass tonight...

Yup. that piece of hiway is noted for fatals. it's mostly two lane and folks get in a hurry to pass near blind corners.

We have a great Sonic here also, but they are off the beaten path, so not great for getting together at. Not as many locals get out Saturday night, but if you decide to check it out let us know. we'll try to make it. might even buy you guys an i screem :smile:
BTW: on our way through town last night I noted a young kid rolling along side us in a Honda with the coffee can exhaust really checking out our T for several blocks. perhaps there's some hope for them yet. ;) .

Russ/Jennifer

Most of the major streets in El Paso are "NO CRUZING ZONE"s with big fines for driving around. Only a few real cruzes happen, mostly parking at sponsers.

Up Here in the Albany Area (Oregon) Wednesday Nites its Burger King, On Thursday Nites we have Shedd about 10 miles down the road.
Shedd is a small town with just a General store and 1 cafe, only open in the mornings and at lunch, but open for the Thursday nite
cruise-in.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back