Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

409 how did u mount your seat belts.

Heres an idea... a metal pate 3"x3" with a hole(whatever size hole the seat belt is) to displace the shock on the wood. Drill the corresponding hole and bolt it up with fender washers. I dont have a picture, just a mental one. Not sure if thats the best way, but it how I plan on doing mine.

Not what i ask but bonus points for the cool seats and the BBC valve springs were a great touch post some more pics of this build in a new post please.

The seat cushion and frame rest on a wood platform that is part of the interior. I suppose I would weld a piece of square tube or a flat bar between the two frame rails at the same height as the top of that platform (bottom of the seat), notch through the body at that point, feed the belts through and attach them to the tube / flat bar. It might have to be positioned a little lower so you don't have to notch through the bed as well as the body. Nevertheless, I haven't done this yet, but if you're going to, it will be far easier to do before you attach the interior in any way. It is easy to lift the interior in and out as many times as necessary to measure and line things up. It's a little awkward for one person, but I can do it easily with my wife or one of my daughters.

Jeff

Thanks when i get to that point i will take some pics and post um.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back