Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford/Lincoln Privacy Policy Inside Your Car???

Indycars

I have a program called Malwarebytes on my computer. Occasionally I get an email from them, today the subject was "Judge rules it’s fine for car makers to intercept your text messages". If you have time listen to the podcast involving Mozilla's research on car companies. It goes way beyond just your text messages.

https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/#connectedvehicleprivacynotice
https://www.ford.com/help/privacy/#USprivacypolicy

If you are the owner or driver of a Ford or Lincoln vehicle, please note these important privacy safeguards:
  • You must inform others who drive the vehicle, and passengers who connect their mobile devices to the vehicle, about the information in this Notice, including the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below; and
  • if you plan to sell or transfer your vehicle, you must perform a Master/User Reset of your vehicle before it leaves your possession. Please review the Connected Vehicle Privacy section below for more information.
Voice commands and other utterances captured when the vehicle’s voice recognition system is in “active listen” state.
[Be careful what you do with your wife in the car!!!]

If You are in California

Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) including your name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information

Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including age and date of birth, marital status, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or creed, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, marital status

Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information, including closed-circuit images, photographs and video of you (such as for marketing materials), and audio recordings as may relate to your job functions

Just wow !!!

Then they sell it to data brokers and who knows who will have access to my data.

What do you all think about this, are you worried ???

Unbelievable, but not shocking. Welcome to the United States of China... where you get a credit score, insurance score, social media score, whatever else we aren’t aware of, and have to kneel and kiss all of their rings. I’ve been dealing with home owners, vehicle, and health insurance issues recently and cannot fathom how we arrived here. Just a reminder of why I fight so hard to not hate EVERYTHING! Sorry, not yelling.... just proclaiming! Lol. And these activist judges... OMG! At least the constitution is being used... as toilet tissue. Glad to be old. At the rate things are deteriorating in this country, I wouldn’t survive another lifetime... and am not sure I want to endure what’s apparently coming. I hate new vehicles, so no danger of buying one, but everything is set as a snare. Like the data on the vehicles computer. It can be accessed and used against you in the event of a accident or violation. 1984 seemed far fetched, lol... looking back, we had no clue it was just the beginning.

If you do something in the back seat of your car, please make sure it's something I would like to watch, I don't want to watch somebody my age on YouTube !!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back