Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A picture of Hotrodbarn605's

If that was my ride, I would make a 2 piece bolt in (between the rear radius rods) brace, to connect the two rods together, that will make them much stronger... (only reason for a bolt in, is no messing up what you have now) Looks like it might hook and go pretty good... And those rods do not look large enough for my way of thinking... very nice car... :)

If that was my ride, I would make a 2 piece bolt in (between the rear radius rods) brace, to connect the two rods together, that will make them much stronger... (only reason for a bolt in, is no messing up what you have now) Looks like it might hook and go pretty good... And those rods do not look large enough for my way of thinking... very nice car... :)

Rear axle can be solid mounted for racing. Has a metal plate on each side of axle going to tabs on the frame, which can be bolted together. Rides even worse that way! Car leaves hard and straight as an arrow. More pics to come.

Sweet :hoist:

Altere reeeeed.
Love it
Gerry

I have a couple dozen photos of this ride somewhere. He shows up at our Thursday Night Cruise - Ins occasionally.

Pics don't do it justice, you need to HEAR it!

Take me some time to find the pics... I'll try to get a video next time.

1900 lbs and 466 inches works out to just a tad over 4lbs per cubic inch. I believe that would put it in the old A/A class. A/ altered. Would not run in a gas class as it has too much engine set back and no fenders just to name a few mods.

Very good lookin car, what does it run at the drag strip?

1900 lbs and 466 inches works out to just a tad over 4lbs per cubic inch. I believe that would put it in the old A/A class. A/ altered Would not run in a gas class as it has too much engine set back and no fenders just to name a few mods.

Very good lookin car, what does it run at the drag strip?

The best we could figure, the car was run in an altered roadster class back in the day. When I pulled it out of the weeds 7-8 years ago, there was a blown to bits small block chevy in it. I suspect it had mechanical injection on it also judging from the broken aluminum timing cover that was on it.

Since the rebuild, The best I have gotten the car to run is 7.68 @ 81.25 in the 1/8. Those wonderful holleys have a bad bog off tne line. This week its finally getting the much needed front disc brake upgrade!!!

Naturally aspirated engines really NEED a collector type exhaust system and a two inch crossover before the squeeze to help eliminate that bog you are getting... The exhaust system pretty much controls how much HP they make, and where it is made... On Supercharged engines the exhaust system is only to control sound and to aim the exhaust where you want it to go... They help none as far as HP... Like a scoop on a Blower or even a carb car... no real help, just looks...

Since the rebuild, The best I have gotten the car to run is 7.68 @ 81.25 in the 1/8. Those wonderful holleys have a bad bog off tne line. This week its finally getting the much needed front disc brake upgrade!!!

That bog can be tuned out of that. There are a lot of adjustments to be made to get rid of a bog off the line. The first thing I would look at is timing.

That bog can be tuned out of that. There are a lot of adjustments to be made to get rid of a bog off the line. The first thing I would look at is timing

I need to look at timing and powervalves too. I started it to move it over to the working side of the shop saturday and it backfired 3 times through the carbs.

Thanks for the tips

Matt

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back