Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Question for Australia/New Zealand T-Bucketeers

YblockT

In recently looking at some Australian T-buckets, it hit me that several had what appeared to be a unique looking cowl arrangement, as in this pic.
Buckets22.jpg

My question is, was there an Australian made original steel T-type car that this cowl was used on, or is it a custom touch incorporated by a local fiberglass mold maker?

these were built in the 70s & still getting made now they are longer than an orignal bucket you can see the doors & rear side are longer the molds were built buy hand Welcome to koopdeglass.co.nz have a look at these guys they do the body & have a opening doors vertion hope this answers your question

Thanks Ccab, that's what I wanted to know. Looks like they have some nice features, including the interior metal support option that would seem to make the opening doors quite solid. Thanks again.
DSC05692_Resized.JPG

Very nice body but $5000.00 plus shipping to the USA would kill that project.The steel framing is the key to that ride plus the cowl looks great.Now to someone here to reproduce that vision they have.Hey Hulk and Bob at Spirit you working on anything like this?

Rick said:
Very nice body but $5000.00 plus shipping to the USA would kill that project.The steel framing is the key to that ride plus the cowl looks great.Now to someone here to reproduce that vision they have.Hey Hulk and Bob at Spirit you working on anything like this?

Rick... I'm 99% sure that I've seen this being made somewhere back east unless I'm all messed up... been known to happen before... I check my links (favs) and I don't have it...

UPDATE: Nope... I was wrong... it was there site that I had seen before....

Wouldnt that be cool if Ron or the other members could make that substructure in a bucket?Opens all kinds of doors for us.What do you think???

I think you may have the pricing wrong.

The steeled out, doors opening bucket was about NZ$3500. And given that our dollar has sunk like a stone, thats only about US$1750. Freight to you probably wouldnt exceed US$500 at a guess.

I will chase down Robin at Koop De Glass and get some actual prices for you

The add i saw said this
The tentative figure for the new framed T Bucket with opening doors will be around $5000. Also to be confirmed.

Or the Whole tbucket price thing.
As from 1st March, 2008 we are increasing the price of the T-Bucket slightly, in order to cover increased costs.
T-Bucket, body only, $650
pick-up bed, short $190. long $365.
tail gate $100. grille shell $145. turtledeck c/w lid $310
smooth dash $170. long screen posts, $100 a pair.

The tentative figure for the new framed T-bucket will be $3585 plus GST. To be confirmed.
The tentative figure for the new framed T Bucket with opening doors will be around $5000. Also to be confirmed.
You will need to contact Jonesy's Garage for exact prices

that's kind of a spinoff of a '14 or earlier t body. they had a flat wood firewall with a hood former on the front. interesting concept. i worked on a metal sub-structure for a glass body. i found it hard to retro fit it to an existing body. i haven't given up yet. just want to make it more user friendly and affordable.

Ron

these bodies that koop are building are built to NZ standard that is a lot more strict than the US the bars running length ways are side intrustion bars burst proff locks & copy righted each one comes out with a factory number (body number) I know the owners & have asked to see if they would come on & give you guys a run down as for price the NZ dollar is worth half of the US dollar at the moment for example $1000 NZ is about $500 US how many bucket bodies could you fit in a container ?????

Hi guys,this body was,to my knowledge a scratch built,hand formed body,lengthened and widened a little at the cowl and a little more at the rear.I have in my possession,what I believe to be the original mold,its about 35 years old and no longer produces.
The body is 1340mm in length,1220mm approx at the rear and about 995mm at the cowl/dash area.We also supply the alloy screen posts to suit,and have developed a glass dash as well.[see earlier pix].The size of the body means anyone over 6ft tall,[like hot rod todd],has a little more comfort than being squeezed into a stock size T body.
The framework has been done out of town,to a very high standard,mainly to pass our stringent certification rules.
If anyone has any questions,feel free to ask here,or e mail us.
Robin.

Thanks for all the good info. It must have been a popular mold, because I certainly have seen a lot of those bodies. It was interesting to learn it was pretty much a scratch built mold. I originally thought that with the very different looking cowl that there might have been another vehicles produced in New Zealand of Australia that it was pulled from. Nice work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back