Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A t bucket from 1969.

donsrods

I may have posted these pictures in the past, but I just ran across them and thought some of you might enjoy seeing them. This 26 Ford belongs to a friend who built it in 1969 and then drove it to the first Street Rod Nationals in 1970. It has a steel T body and still wears the original metal flake paint.........in fact the entire car has never been retouched in all those years. The engine still is the same one and has never been rebuilt either.

Phil was my hero when I moved to this town because I would see him driving his T to work almost every day, necktie flapping in the breeze as he went down the road. I swore some day that would be me when I got mine done, and I did exactly that..........I drove my 27 almost every day for 7 years, rain or shine.

This 26 is a true survivor and looks the part of a 60's hot rod. Hope you enjoy seeing these shots.

Don

deems2.jpg

deems.jpg

deems3.jpg

deems4.jpg

deems5.jpg

Very cool, thanks for sharing.:cool:

Yeah, by todays standards there are things we would do differently, like the bed that slopes down. But it is a true, unmolested relic from the past, down to the 40 year old tires.:eek: He only occasionally drives it now, to shows and events like that, but it was really nice to see it in the sunshine again.

Don

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back