Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

A Technical Articles Forum

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
VIP Member
Supporting Member
We've just set up a new Technical Articles Forum Category.

There are separate forums for our members to publish technical articles on frames, suspensions, bodies, engines, brakes and electrical systems.

Please note, these technical article forums are NOT the place to post questions about the above topics. Questions on those topics should be placed in the appropriate Shop Category forum.

Members posting articles will have the same ability to post images, links and highlight text in their articles, just as in regular forum posts.

When you decide to submit a new article, you will notice the article is going to have a default article gallery image that looks like a folded newspaper. If you have an image that you would like to use to help identify your article, you will be able to upload that image.

A couple of warnings, or reminders if you will. A week ago, we installed vBSEO, a very powerful piece of software that is designed to help us get content on this forum indexed on the various search engines. This SEO software is also going to be working on the tech articles. Which means these articles will also be indexed on the search engines. When you enter a title for a new article, don't enter a title like Wiring. Enter a title that is descriptive and will let others know exactly what your article is about. Wiring Turn Signals or How to Wire a Starter Relay are going to be much more effective. It will help target exactly what your article is about. How to Properly Adjust Solid Lifters is an example of a good title. And it is a title, so don't be shy about it - capitalize those title words. Another hint is to take an extra moment or two and check your spelling. I know, we all make typos, but we are working very hard to make sure the rest of the Internet will be able to easily find your article. So spend a bit of time to make your article as presentable as you can possibly make it.

OK, all you that have those tech secrets you've been itching to share with others now have a place to do just that. So have at it.

YES! YES! YES! Thank you! This is going to make it a lot easier to find the tech artical we want. I think this is a giant step in the right direction.

Ron

Youngster said:
YES! YES! YES! Thank you! This is going to make it a lot easier to find the tech artical we want. I think this is a giant step in the right direction.

Ron

LumenAl said:
Great! Great! Great! (yes, yes, yes was already taken)...:eek:

Now they are both taken. :) I think that will work out great. :cool:

Youngster said:
Yes sir, having an alphabetic search function will definitely help a guy sort through both of those tech articles. :pint:

I have an artical in the works but I was hoping some one else with more tech writting would go first. I'm not sure whay I'm getting into here. Is there some kind of format or tutoral? Even an example would be a great help.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back