Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

EGR and title/registration questions

trogdor

I have an SBC with stock intake + Q-jet from the early 80s right now. I'm looking at swapping in an Edelbrock intake + carb, just because I like the looks. A few questions:

1. The Edelbrock intake is non-EGR. Will that cause me issues in the future when I am looking at title/registration?
2. If I keep the stock intake + Q-jet, do I need to retain the EGR? I don't mind terribly, but it looks odd. Again, I have title/registration in mind.

I'm in Minnesota, if that matters.

Thanks!

In most states the EGR requirement does not apply to these vehicles since they are usually registered as pre-war types. I don't know about Minnesota . . .

When I lived in Houston Texas in the 1980's they had inspection stations at most gas station. They were suppose to drive the vehicle and check the brakes.

The guy just ask m e to drive it across the station property and lockup the brakes, he didn't want any part of driving my TBucket. Which was just fine with me..

Last edited:
Electric in the 80's !!!
LOL, that would have blown their mind ! 🤪

I have an SBC with stock intake + Q-jet from the early 80s right now. I'm looking at swapping in an Edelbrock intake + carb, just because I like the looks. A few questions:

1. The Edelbrock intake is non-EGR. Will that cause me issues in the future when I am looking at title/registration?
2. If I keep the stock intake + Q-jet, do I need to retain the EGR? I don't mind terribly, but it looks odd. Again, I have title/registration in mind.

I'm in Minnesota, if that matters.

Thanks!
Hello --in my state and many other you can register as a Street rod and the car must be real or replica of 1949 or older and not be your everyday driver. This is much like antique plates and don't require a safety inspection the same as current vehicles.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back