Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Airheart calipers

larrym

I just joined and did my introduction thing, now I have questions already...

Recently bought a TP '23 Bucket, BBC, that needed help. I need to replace one Airheart front caliper, it has 150's on it now. I think I will replace both, and wondering two things:

1. What's the difference between the 150's and 175's, which is best, and are they the same deminsions, can I just change to whichever is best?

2. I'm blind about pucks, hard vs. soft. What do you all recommend, is a combo reasonable of a no-no?

I've only backed this thing of the trailer, so have no real input about the braking capability. I do know the pedal feels very hard and the brakes weren't too impressive backing into the garage, of course they are in bad shape, drum rears and only one front caliper working. The other was capped off. Thanks, Larry

I did more research, and for general information, the 175's have more effective braking area, and the mounting space is wider. Generally, soft pucks for colder weather, but hard pucks will outperform soft with moderate use, and of course, last longer.

I discovered a ball bearing in the break LINE going to my Airheart's whoever built that t bucket never got them to function

How is your project going stay in touch like to know what modifications you're making

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back