Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

And our employees are at it yet again

Mike

Here's the latest offal to tumble down Capitol Hill - the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.

This one is even uglier than SOPA and PIPA, which are still lurking in the shadows, BTW. CISPA will allow even businesses to monitor and censor what you are seeing and saying on the Internet. Ladies and gentlemen, the Internet is not owned by anyone, yet somehow the lawmakers feel as if they are being paid to play 'Net cops. We, the People, are protected from government by a document you may have heard of, called the U.S. Constitution. And it's time for all of us to remind Congress of that fact.

Please sign the Stop CISPA Petition

The dangers of political apathy are very real, so please take the two minutes necessary to sign this petition.

Done with GREAT pleasure!!!!!!!

Done

DONE!

Just to give you an idea of how far the U.S. is taking this utter nonsense -

In England a 2r year old man by the name of Richard O'Dwyer is attending Sheffield Hallam University and has been operating a Web site that provided links for people to watch TV and movies online. Note I said he has been operating this Web site, as in past tense. The Web site was hosted in England, most of the site users were based in the UK and Mr. O'Dwyer has lived in England since his birth.

But in their infinite wisdom, U.S. Immigrations and Custom Enforcement have seized the Web site on a warrant issued by a U.S. District Court, claiming Mr. O'Dwyer has been violating U.S. copyright law. See how this works? The U.S. feels there is an instance of copyright crime, so without issuing any DCMA take-down notices, they are now trying to prosecute a citizen of England for the alleged crime that did not take place in the U.S.

What we have here is a case of an allegation of copyright infringement leading to censorship, as well as extradition of an English citizen to the U.S. to answer for his alleged "crimes"

As an Internet publisher, I fully recognize copyright is a vitally important institution, which exists for all the right reasons. But we are now seeing how the U.S. District Courts have decided copyright law, and their power to enforce it, are absolute and unlimited. What do you suppose it will cost the U.S. taxpayers to extradite this young man and prosecute him?

The links provided by Mr. O'Dwyer's Web site are the same kind of links you would find on other search sites, such as Google and Bing, so why are the CEOs of those companies not named in the same legal filing?

But then again, just yesterday, we saw the wisdom of the U.S. courts with the Supreme Court's decision on enforced health care. And I hope all of you will see the call of action provided within that Supreme Court decision, when a Justice stated, "Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

The last time I looked, this country belonged to you and I. When is it going to be time to stop wrong-thinking people from trying to take it away from us?

Have you signed the above-mentioned petition yet?

Just to give you an idea of how far the U.S. is taking this utter nonsense -

In England a 2r year old man by the name of Richard O'Dwyer is attending Sheffield Hallam University and has been operating a Web site that provided links for people to watch TV and movies online. Note I said he has been operating this Web site, as in past tense. The Web site was hosted in England, most of the site users were based in the UK and Mr. O'Dwyer has lived in England since his birth.

But in their infinite wisdom, U.S. Immigrations and Custom Enforcement have seized the Web site on a warrant issued by a U.S. District Court, claiming Mr. O'Dwyer has been violating U.S. copyright law. See how this works? The U.S. feels there is an instance of copyright crime, so without issuing any DCMA take-down notices, they are now trying to prosecute a citizen of England for the alleged crime that did not take place in the U.S.

What we have here is a case of an allegation of copyright infringement leading to censorship, as well as extradition of an English citizen to the U.S. to answer for his alleged "crimes"

As an Internet publisher, I fully recognize copyright is a vitally important institution, which exists for all the right reasons. But we are now seeing how the U.S. District Courts have decided copyright law, and their power to enforce it, are absolute and unlimited. What do you suppose it will cost the U.S. taxpayers to extradite this young man and prosecute him?

The links provided by Mr. O'Dwyer's Web site are the same kind of links you would find on other search sites, such as Google and Bing, so why are the CEOs of those companies not named in the same legal filing?

But then again, just yesterday, we saw the wisdom of the U.S. courts with the Supreme Court's decision on enforced health care. And I hope all of you will see the call of action provided within that Supreme Court decision, when a Justice stated, "Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; we possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation’s elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

The last time I looked, this country belonged to you and I. When is it going to be time to stop wrong-thinking people from trying to take it away from us?

Have you signed the above-mentioned petition yet?

Ah, yes, it's call a rebellion. Hope Homeland security don't see this as I type. I'm IN!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back